Eighth day of Christmas (Lassiter)

(a/n:I hope you like it! And good luck!)

(Y/n's POV)
I was sitting in my chair reading a report from my last arrest making sure all the details were okay. Then Lassiter came up and pushed my feet off my desk.
"Must you Lassie?"
"Don't call me that and yes."
I rolled my eyes but didn't want to give up. I made eye contact with him as I put my feet back up. He pushed them off again.
We went in like this till Shawn walked in.
"Oh look, your other play toy is here."
His mouth twitched in anger as I put my feet back up on my desk and he walked off to see why Shawn was even here.
I may or may not have watched his ass as he walked away.
Anyway, he had his panties in a twist because today was Christmas and he'll have to come to the Christmas party. I was debating on whether I should ask him out to a drink before the party or just forget about it.
"Hey!" Jules said from behind me making me jump.
"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you jump."
"It's okay Jules."
"Are you going to ask him out?"
"Jules hush! He's right there!" I motion in Lassiter's direction and she puts her hand over her mouth in mock shock.
"Anyway, are you?"
"I don't know. Maybe after Christmas. He's pretty cranky."
"That's fair, anyway, good luck tiger." She starts to walk away.
"Hey, Wait. Do you think he is even gay?"
Jules starts laughing.
"What?"
"He's pretty conservative so when he started wearing a little gay pride flag on his suit  I figured he was."
I furrowed my brows.
"He doesn't wear those?!"
She walked over to his chair and showed me the breast pocket, and sure enough, there was a small pride flag pin.
"When the hell did he start wearing that?"
"I don't know, maybe six months ago."
I sigh.
"I'm so blind!"
"You know, I think Lassiter did it because you have those little flags in your pen cup."
She was referring to the trans flag and the gay pride flags I had on my desk. I liked to have them because if any queer youth comes into the station I want them to feel welcomed.
"Why do you say that?"
"Because you put them in your cup about six months ago and the next week Lassiter came to work with this pin."
I shrug and continue reading my report.
"You are probably right Juliet."

Flash forward a few hours and I'm leaning on Lassiter's desk. He was trying to ignore the party by working on his old cases. He finally looked up at me and scowled.
"What are you doing here (l/n)?"
"Well, cranky, I was wondering if you wanted something to drink, but if you're going to have that attitude."
I start to stand up but then he says something from behind me.
"What was that?"
"I said, I would like that drink."
I looked over at him and smirked.
"Will do sir. What do you want?"
"Gin."
"I'll be right back."
When I come back I have two drinks in my hand. I set one down next to him then pull up a chair and sit on it backward, looking at Lassie.
"Hey, can I ask you about something?"
He grunts in response. I take it as a "yes" even though it was probably more of a "leave me alone."
"Do you want to go outside for a minute, it's a bit warm in here."
He wiggles his jaw then nods. I stand up and walk out to the front of the prescient and lean on one of the Faux terra-cotta pillars. He walks out and stands next to me looking at the view of the ocean.
"May I ask you another question?"
He nods. I'm surprised there was no snarky response.
"Why do you have a gay pride flag on your suit jacket?"
He stops swirling his drink and I can see a bit of fear creep into his eyes. Never his face, no, that was like stone.
"Well,"
"Lassiter?" I question walking over to him. "Is it true? Are you gay?"
He nods but doesn't look at me.
"Is there someone you may have your sights set on."
He looks over at me but he doesn't have to say anything.
I tilt my head up and he leans a down. Our lips connect and we kiss for only a moment. It was way too short.
I pull back and so does he. He slowly puts his drink down and grabs my shirt. He pushed me up against the pillar and kissed me hungrily. I melted into his arms.
"(Y/n)? Lassiter?"
We hear from behind us. Lassiter pulls off of me in a second. I can tell he's not used to being so, public, with his affection for men.
"Shawn! What the hell are you doing out here?!"
Lassiter asks him out of pure embarrassment.
"Way to go Lassie! I never thought you would get her!"
"Him, (y/n) is a man, you know that Shawn." Gus corrects him.
"Right, sorry." He says casually.
"And by the way, if you must know, we were leaving out the front like people normally do. Maybe you shouldn't have started sucking each other faces off in the entryway." Shawn says matter-of-Factly.
Lassiter was about to shoot Shawn as he and Gus walked off.

Once they left he turned around to me and bit his lip.
"I-I'm Sorry, I don't know what got into me."
I cut him off by walking over and kissing his cheek.
"Lassie, it's okay. If you didn't like it, I'll understand but if you did, well, we can go out on a date tomorrow?" He blushes lightly then nods.
"I would like that."
"And hey, we could finish what we started earlier."
He turned bright red and walked over to me. I grabbed his tie and kissed him hard. As I did that I slipped a piece of paper into his pocket. Then I pulled back and walked into the station, drink in hand.
He checked his pocket and the paper said.
"Congratulations, you got yourself a date. And this will probably be useful (XXX) XXX-XXXX."
He smiles to himself as he thought about the last fifteen minutes.

___________________________
A/n: I really liked this one! I think it was cute. I hope you like it and that you enjoyed :)!