Greg Lestrade x male!reader

~Lestrade's POV~
It was a long day at the station, three humongous crimes, all at the same time. How did that even happen? And we captured The smartest and evilest criminal in London. It was a weird day.
Anyway I hope (Y/n) will be home when I get there. I hope he's not working late. (Y/n) is a police officer, that's kind of how we met. He was on the scene of a pretty brutal murder when Scotland Yard showed up. He was very respectful, took great notes and all around cute. Sherlock deduced right off that I had a crush on him, sometimes I just wanted to punch the bloody bastard, but (Y/n) thought it was cute and we kind of hit it off. That was five years ago, now we are living together, it's a bit hectic in the morning, both of us trying to find our badges, guns, clothes, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
I pull up into the pad of our house, the lights aren't on, this means (Y/n) isn't home yet. I go inside and put all my stuff down, take off my jacket, and shoes, the whole nine. Then I lay down on the couch, I turn on the Telly and apparently I fell asleep because I wake up to a phone call at 10:30 pm. I pick of the phone and I hear a woman's voice.
"Is The is Gregory Lestrade?" She asked calmly.
"Yes it is."
"Do you know a (Y/n) (Y/l/n)?"
"Yes." I say more hesitantly.
"Well you are his emergency contact, and we need you to come down to 'The Royal London Hospitable' because Mr. (Y/l/n) has been shot on duty. We just needed to notify you incase he gets discharged tonight."
"Thank, thank you." I quickly hang up the phone and rush to grab my shoes, jacket, keys, everything else I'll need. I grab a jacket for (Y/n) just in case and sprint out to the car. I sped over to the hospital, it was a wonder I wasn't pulled over, and I drove into the parking garage. After I parked I booked it into the hospital, specifically the emergency room. I went up to the nursing station and asked where he was. They said he was still in surgery and probably will be for another half hour.
The half hour came and went then twenty minutes later I was called into his room. He was asleep and there was a big bandage on his left shoulder.
I was holding his hand when his partner Lisa walked in. She was holding flowers and placed them on the nightstand next to his bed. I looked up at her and nodded a hello.
"How did this happen?" I asked quietly.
"We were on a drug bust and we thought everyone was out and we would just be raiding and leaving, but apparently two people were left behind to guard the place. We both had on bulletproof vests just in case and  walked in very quietly. When we found where they kept their stash we were looking through it when there was a gun cock behind us. (Y/n) pushed me to the ground and pulled out his gun as he turned around. He tried to shoot the guy but misjudged where he was. I pulled out my gun but he hit (Y/n) in the shoulder before I could disarm him." She looked down at him sadly then sat in an empty chair on the other side of the room.
We both watched him as he slept and talked for little short bursts, then finally around midnight (Y/n) began to wake up. He opened his eyes then closes them at the harsh white light of the hospital room. When he opened them again he looked over at me first then Lisa. He turned back to me and smiled. He twisted his hand in mine so that we were now holding hands. He started to sit up but I pushed him back down by his good shoulder.
"Please don't sit up, it's not good for you."
He sighed dramatically then went "fineeeee."
"Wow that's the first thing you say to us after you have been shot?" Lists asked also joking.
"I'm sorry, let me try again. Hello everyone, I'm not dead, I feel great, let's go home." I chuckle and lift his hand up and kiss it.
"How are you feeling babe?" I ask worriedly but try to hide it.
"I feel better then I did when I came in. I just want to go home though."
"I know, you just need to stay here for a little while longer so they can keep an eye on it, it was pretty nasty." Lisa puts in.
He yawns then nods meaning he understands.
"Greg, go home please, you have work and you need a place to sleep that won't make you stiff in the morning."
"No, I'm staying here with you." He opens his mouth to say something then closes it.
"Lisa? Are you gonna at least listen to me?" he asks.
"Yeah, I think I will. I hope you get better soon, I need my partner back, but not too soon okay?" She says smiling.
"Okay." He closes his eyes and Lisa leaves, I don't continue the conversation, instead I just let him sleep.
~end~
___________________________
A/n: #19. I think Greg is a really underrated character. He is kind and he is always there for Sherlock, so I figured I'd do a Greg appreciation one. Enjoy :).