Chapter 28: Till Death Do Us Part

Thanks for all you readers, hopefully you are enjoying it! 
Thanks to my patron and parter too!! 

Kayla smiled as Anika and Valery did her hair, makeup and helped her with her dress. She couldn't stop smiling as she held her bouquet she looked herself in the mirror, a large beautiful black wedding dress. Deep red roses, and bones wrapped tightly with a white blood covered ribbon. She was told these ribbons were passed down in the family. Alex was working on making sure her bouquet was fully put together.

She couldn't help but laugh as Anika and Valery got her dressed.

Valery still wanted to leave, but wouldn't try and ruin her big day.

A wedding was a wedding.

Even if the groom and bride are insane cannibals.

Star was jumping around in her own dress. It was a light grey dress and had rose petals in side the folds. She giggled as Kayla kissed her forehead. She looked like a dark princess. The finishing touch was a crown made of bones with black crystals.

"You look beautiful," Anika said kissing her forehead. Kayla smiled and blushed thanking her new mom. Alex smiled at her sister, the two girls were happily chatting away over the idea of really being sisters once and for all, Star was even more excited about the idea of being a flower girl for her new moms wedding.

Alex hugged her tightly, she smiled as she looked her over. "Harlee is so lucky."

Kayla blushed, she was always so sweet to her. "Thank you."

"I may have to steal you every once in a while." Alex said with a laugh.

The two smiled and hugged as she looked herself over in the mirror once again. She felt beautiful, she was ready.

Star continued to jump around and giggle as she watched them. Members of the family arrived again and were happily surprised to find the small girl. Everyone was set out in chairs on the front of the houses, flowers sat along the well and the gazebo that they were going to be married on.

Everything was falling into place.

Harlee was standing nervously. Asher had his ankles handcuffed to the chair but he wasn't keen on going any where. There were too many stranger people around, all of them he was sure were cannibals and killers. He was watching the people around him, they looked like normal people attending a wedding.

He overheard many of them talking, they were laughing and smiling, they treated one another so nicely. They did talk about evil doings but acted as if that was normal. Killing and breaking bones. Bloody baths, in general terrifying things. Yet they smiled, they laughed, the couples kissed one another while speaking about it. This family rejoiced in the things they were doing.

Asher whined as he watched Carter walk past him and return with Valery. Alex sat beside him, then Carter on the other side. He tried not to cry, Carter terrified him.

Kayla paced for a minute, she was excited and ready for this to happen. She was ready to join this family, she didn't know what it was about them but she felt happy and safe with them. Harlee was ready, he smiled, this was practically a first for the family, no one had just come into the family without being chosen by a parent.

Anika walked out first, Star following behind her quickly throwing small petals and bone fragments on the ground, Harlee smiled as Star came up and hugged him. He kissed her forehead and then looked up as Kayla began to walk towards him, his eyes filled with tears as she smiled at him trying not to cry herself.

She stopped right infront of him and he smiled wide. She grinned at him and they looked at one another before Jace began to speak. He was happy they had found one another. He was a little upset he couldn't bring him a wife but was okay with this. They both said short vows, Harlee managed to get himself to stop crying.

"Now before you can kiss your bride a new tradition if this happens again." Jace said lifting up a glass. Kayla and Harlee looked to him with question. He handed her the cup. "Kayla please mark Harlee with the liguid in the cup."

She smiled and nodded taking her finger to find that it was warm blood. She wondered who it came from. She marked his forehead with the blood. "Now you son." Jace said.

He nodded and did the same thing to her.

"You may now kiss the bride." Jace said as he smiled at his son. Harlee quickly kissed her, everyone clapped. They hadn't ever imagined this to happen.

Kayla, Harlee, and Star cut the cake together. Stars face was soon covered with frosting. She giggled, everyone began to enjoy the meal cooked by Anika, Harlee, Alex, Asher, and Kayla. They enjoyed the cake and fruit.

It was a wonderful time as a family, and soon the family would grow larger. Valery was close to having her baby and Alex was determined to get pregnant, Kayla and Harlee were also planning on it soon. Asher wanted to get Valery out as soon as he could, she didn't deserve to be trapped in a place like this, with a monster of a husband.

Kayla and Harlee said goodbye to the rest of the family thankfully as they headed up to bed before anyone else. Star was going to sleep with her second cousins that night.