Chapter 17 - change of pace

Carter had finally decided what to do, he was angry that she even disliked living with them. The fact she was acting out like this bothered him to an extent he couldn't explain. However he built up the strength to march back into the house. They were going to figure this out. He frowned as he looked her over, she was sleeping soundly. Her wrists raw from pulling on the restraints. He rolled his eyes as he grabbed out a leash and collar. She was going have to go back to how she was when she arrived, he hooked the leash to the pink collar with heart decals and smiled.

Her belly was starting to show that she was expecting and he ran his hand over her stomach, her soft skin was warm to the touch. That was his baby in there, and he loved the baby. He loved Valery, he waited for her to wake up, he paced around the room, soon Valery woke and jumped as she saw him. "Ca...carter?"

"Morning princess, now lets talk."

"Talk about what?" Valery whimpered. "You are crazy."

His balled his hand into a fist, and slammed the wall. "We are not crazy, you are precious to me and you need to listen to me and follow the families rules. Why can't you just understand we are here to protect you?"

"You got me pregnant, kidnapped me from my home, killed my boyfriend, i may not have had a great family life, and he may not have been the best boyfriend but he didn't kidnap me, force me to eat human meat. I am a prisoner here, your slave!" He motioned to the leash hanging from her neck. He only frowned, he realized that the wall had an indent from him punching it.

"Valery," he whispered. "Why do you have to fight this so badly?"

"Because this isn't right!" She screamed back at him.

He wiped the spit off of his face and shook his head angrily, he was angry this women he brought into his home, gave a home to, loved. He loved her, more then life itself at this point, and it would kill him if he was separated from her now, and she was pregnant with his child, yet she was acting like this was a bad thing. "You are honestly being annoying. I can't believe that you would throw everything I gave to you."

"This child is and will be the only good thing that comes out of this!" She cried. "Now that you have this stupid collar on what are you doing now."

"You need to learn the rules, and relearn them." He growled. "So deal with it." He snarled. He was angry, and he knew he couldn't hurt her. "Valery please, you and I are going to fall back in love with one another alright?"

"What..you dont even know me, how can you love me like you say?"

"Oh don't worry you will love me, and if that is all you need I can figure it out, make sure you know I care about you." He frowned as he undid her wrist wraps. "Valery you need to listen to me everyday. You cannot ask questions, you follow me around and you do not get to leave my side. Pregnant or not you should listen to your husband."

"You are my kidnapper not my husband."

He growled, he was furious that she was acting like this. "Fine, gag ball it is." He grabbed the gag from the drawer and forced her mouth open. She hit him with all the force she could handle but he got the gag in and her wrists were soon handcuffed behind her back. He laid on the bed looking up at the ceiling for a moment. "I really hate doing this Valery." Valery sat away from him, she was furious, however soon Carter was rubbing her shoulders. She eyed him suspiciously, she was worried he was going to go to far yet he was actually being sweet. He kissed her neck and her stomach. "All I want is for us to be a happy family Val."

Valery kept her eyes trained the opposite direction, even if she could say anything she was angry, afraid, and not ready to give in. She was terrified, everything about the situation was forcing her to make a choice for more then just herself, she had to worry about the baby as well.

"Please darling know I am here to protect and love you." She just shook her head sadly, she felt tears run down her cheeks. He frowned sadly and realized that she was really upset. He caressed her face and kissed her cheek, she whimpered as he licked her soft neck. She was terrified, he could do anything to her he wanted because she couldn't fight back, he laid her back against the bed and kissed her. "Sleep Val while I talk to my mom."

Valery rolled on her side sadly. She was lost to the world outside and she was petrified, the rest of the world was unknowing of her situation, and she was trapped with a punch of crazies. She began to fall asleep, but everything was hitting her and she was sobbing. Carter felt horrible and made his way to his mother.

"Mom can take you away form our family for a minute its important."

Anika nodded and left her 'sisters' to talk with her child. "What is it Carter?"

"How did dad break you?" He finally asked when they were alone.

"Oh, well, it took less time then most, I was easy to bring into the family I suppose. I mean it was a while, but when we got you I realized that this family was really here to help me." She nearly corrected herself and said when she had him, but knew that if she did he would question her wording.

"Oh, so it might be until she has our future kid that will make her choose this family?"

"Oh.. well possibly." She said as she hugged her son. "Please know that I love you Carter, and that this is a hard thing to just accept, so I can understand why Valery is upset. Just know she will come around eventually."

"Alright, well I love you too mom, thanks." She nodded as he walked away, Valery needed someone to help her, and Carter needed to understand this wasn't normal.