Chapter Ten: Punishments and Thoughts of the Future.

Shout outs to: Aprilbaby23 crazyhamster21 ArtsyAnnalee

Thank you all for keeping up with the story, its so awesome to see y'all wanting to get updates as soon as possible and always being so kind. To help me out please remember to leave those comments, vote, add to reading lists, and share with your friends!

I am also looking for Wattpad user ran contests to enter my books into so if you run one of those or know of them please send them my way. As always remember to keep your heads up, stay awesome and get ready to read.

- Dawn

Valery laid in bed staring at the ceiling while Carter tossed items around the room looking for something

Valery laid in bed staring at the ceiling while Carter tossed items around the room looking for something. She didn't feel like talking, or even thinking, but her brain kept going back to that bath. "Officially a member of a cult, good going Val." She mentally scolded herself. Carter looked to her, a smile growing on his face. She cocked her head looking to him with question. "What is it Carter?"

"Well, not many women get rings in this family, despite how easy it is to find them, you know with what we do and everything, but this ring is special." He said pulling out a box that contained a ring that he believed belonged to his great grandmother Her eyes grew wide, they softened and looked like gooey chocolate melting in a summers day. "I wanted to..to ask you to marry me for real. I haven't seen it happen a lot, so I am really new to this but Valery, will you become Valery Hanson?"

She hesitated for a moment, she had already gone so far in she had to say yes. "Yes, Carter, yes I will." She had to keep him off her trail, she was going to escape, she had to. Carter smiled, slipped the ring onto her finger, than rising from the ground quickly scooped her into his and spun her around laughing and smiling. She couldn't help but giggle, his smile infectious. He was a virus, and she was sick with him.

Carter thought for a moment remembering some book he had read, and remembered a line a man said to a women he was trying to seduce. "Now we just need to make you round with our children." He smiled, Valery gave him an odd look but ignored it, he was weird, and raised to think kidnap, rape, murder, and cannibalism was okay. She couldn't excuse who he was; what he was, but she could understand. Carter eventually set her back on the ground. "Come, I must show you around more. Since you are part of the family."

She was hesitant, he had to play smart, this wasn't normal. He knew it may be a mistake to show her everything to quickly, but he was raised on recklessness. His family wasn't careful, so he didn't think he had to be. He took her hand and dragged her outside towards the barn. She stopped dead in her tracks stumbling into him. "No..no." She whimpered seeing splatters of dried blood along the pavement. It wasn't hard for her to see bad things had happened in this barn, she shook her head trying to to think about it to much, the idea that there was murder going on in every inch of the house was driving her crazy.

"Whats wrong?" He asked grabbing her hand, she pulled it away from him.

"You aren't aren't serious are you?"

"No honestly whats wrong?"

"There is dried blood all over this barn, and whats on that side with all the bars?"

"No..nothing." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Let me see." She argued as she started to push past him, he grabbed her and pulled her the opposite direction. "Carter, stop let me go."

"No, we need to go, if you won't listen to me I have to punish me, and I don't want to do that." He snarled. She hesitated, looking him over, would he really punish her? She decided to take her chances, and he let her go assuming she would follow her. She turned around and made her way towards the cages. Carter growled as she peered in, she let out a scream and stumbled back into his arms. He snarled, dragged her into the house, and tied her to the chair in the middle of his room.

She began to kick and cry, he cut her left arm and than her right. "You should have listened to me." He snarled. She cried struggling in the chair. "I told you not to look, now you are scared and I had to punish you for not listening to me. I am your husband you should listen to me."

"You..you keep people in cages, like animals."

He frowned and wrapped her arms, the blood seeping through. He kissed her, but she turned her face from him, he squeezed her cheeks and brought her face closer to his. "I love you, and that is what matters." He growled as he licked her nose, she scrunched her face at him, tears running down her cheeks. She looked puffy after having cried and screamed in pain. "Now, you and I starting tomorrow are not leaving this house until you have a positive pregnancy test."

Her eyes grew wide at the news, she struggled, she didn't want to do this.

"We have family coming back to visit in two months and I want you to be pregnant, as a way to show them that we are thriving, even apart." He smiled and kissed her again, she kept staring at him, concern in her eyes. He grinned as he rubbed her cheek with his thumb. They were calloused, his hands, from heavy lifting and farm work. She sat shivering, she wasn't prepared for life to be this horrific. She cried herself to sleep, he wanted her to take a nap.

All the while Jace was coming to a realization, Max had to help him come to it, but he knew there was something that needed to be changed. "You know," Max began as they watched Jace's twins working, "Alex is a lot stronger than Harlee is."

Jace looked to Max cocking his head. "What do you mean?"

"Well, your boy over there, he isn't very strong. He isn't brave. He isn't able to take over. It took him the longest to want to even take part in the killings you know. I don't think he is very well equipped to handle this life. How is he supposed to handle a women if he can't even kill a deer well. Let alone if he goes the route my sister and I did, how can he deal with a man too?"

Jace lowered his head thinking about it for a moment. "What do you suggest I do about it?"

"Drop him off someplace, like the wild, see how he fares."

Jace turned to Max with a growl. "I am not going to do that to my son, he is my child, and I will not kill him. I love him."

"Alex can pass him up in almost every aspect except the fact she doesn't have a dick."

Jace held his head in his hands. Alex had taken notice of the conversation, and smiled. She then frowned realizing that they were talking about her brother. She did love him despite how often she wold attack him and tease him. She tried to take him from the situation, they got deeper in the woods. She could help him bulk up, he was scrawny.

"I just need to toughen him up."

"I can always say something to him. Threaten him with death, since it wont be coming from you."

"I...alright."

"You know, if this does workout the right way than we together can strengthen him. Get him fit to like us men. I know three month isn't going to be long enough, but you know if we can get it started, the family won't be so concerned."

"You are right, the family is the most important. The weak don't survive, we can't be passing on weak links to our future generations."