Chapter 3: Family is different

𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝑜 𝒱𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉
---
Jace and Anika were cooking breakfast together waiting for the kids wake up and come down. Max and his family were having breakfast on their own time. Jace looked to Anika, a goofy grin on his face. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I am." Jace replied back with a laugh as he tossed some eggs at her. She grinned and tossed them back at him. "Anika, why did you throw them back?"

"Why did you toss them at me?" She asked.

"Can't I laugh at you, with you." He asked softly as he kissed her neck. She giggled and nodded, a smirk on her face. "Should we call the kids down?"

Anika smirked nodded, pushing on his shoulder slightly. "You know the drill. I drag Alex out of bed you call the boys." She made her way upstairs and opened the door to her daughters room. Alex was sprawled across the bed, wrapped in her sheets. Her dog sleeping under her bed. Anika could hear Jace calling for Harlee and Carter.

Anika grabbed Alex's ankle and began to drag her. "Come on baby girl, time to get up. Breakfast."

Alex rolled over slightly, not wanting to move, she groaned and let out a small shout. "Wait, wait." She whined. "Breakfast in bed?"

"What, no, this is the first breakfast you will be having with your new sister. Alright. Come on." Anika said with a smirk. Alex rolled out of the bed.

"Fine." She replied back as she got up and put on something more decent. She walked towards the dining room, her stomach rumbling and her hair a frizzy disaster. That wasn't her concern, she just wanted to eat. If Valery was going to be her sister she was going to see her at her best and her worst.

Anika smirked and walked after her daughter. They both sat. Jace grinned. "My beautiful women, bacon or man?"

"Both please." Anika smiled as Alex got her plate piled. Anika made a plate for both Valery and for Carter. Harlee was sitting across from Alex. The twins throwing small things at one another. Anika just rolled her eyes at the kids. That was when Carter walked down the stairs. Valery was behind him, fighting.

"Valery baby come on its okay." Carter said with a grin. Valery kept crying and fighting, her fists never stopped until he tied her down to the chair. She kept struggling however her stomach was growling.

"You need to eat." He said. "If you won't use your hands, then I will feed you."

"You can fight me!" She snapped trying to escape. Jace looked to his son, his eyes like a slit.

"Dad, I don't want-"

"Son, you should listen to your father." Anika said softly. He frowned and grabbed her by the neck, tightening his grip just enough to make her whimper.

"If you don't eat, and stop fighting with me I am going to have to hurt you. Make you eat. Please baby."

"I am not your baby!" Valery screamed. He slapped her across the face, her eyes widened in shock. Surprise, the shock made her confused, they kidnapped her, and she was surprised he slapped her.

He grabbed some food. "Eat." He snapped. She looked at his hand. The meat smelt different, but she wasn't sure what it was. Bacon, it looked like bacon. The smell just was different. It was strange. He prried her mouth and forced her to eat. She gagged as she was forced the food.

After an hour and a half he finished his meal. Ate what she was supposed to. Finished the plate, ate what she was supposed to. She was gagging, having eaten to much. She was being force fed, and she was terrified. This place was terrifying. It looked like it was a normal house, but that was it.

"Valery darling, its alright." Carter said.

"Alright.." She whispered, her voice got louder. "You think this is alright."

"Its our way of life Valery." Carter said, taking her upstairs. She was clawing and scratching. Alex and Harlee watched them, not sure what to say or do. They wanted their spouses soon, but were not sure what to say.

"Its alright loves," Anika began. "Really, this is normal, she will get over it soon. I didn't break for 2 years, some sooner some later. In this case, it may be later. She seems to be a fighter."

"It did take your mother a while." Jace replied.

Valery kept fighting, crying and punching. Carter rolled his eyes and tied her down to the bed. "Valery you need to stop. If you keep fighting I will need to hurt you. Really I don't want to."

"You have hurt me my bringing me here. You will hurt me, you have hurt me." He growled gasping only slightly, not sure what to do about what she was saying. This place was safe, a safe place. He was safe.

"You know, I love you."

"No, no you do not." She screamed at him.

He couldn't think straight, he tossed something at the wall. "Alright, thats it. That is enough, you are going to take a nap, while I go take a walk. And torture that idiot boy who came here with you."

"No, wait no!" She screamed shaking. "He is here too?"

"He is, and won't be for long." He smiled as he injected her with the needle. Her eye lids grew heavy, she kept shaking, but couldn't escape. Once she was asleep, and couldn't fight any longer she adjusted on the bed to be more comfortable and he tied one wrist to the bed and the opposite ankle. So she was unable to move. He made his way to the barn, ready for some fun. He needed to cool off.