Chapter Twelve: One Soul?

Was just listening to this and I wanted to add it so here you go XD
_________

Carter was busy with Valery when his younger siblings walked in the house. Anika took two steps back, her son and a girl she had never seen before was covered in blood, Alex was dragging in a body. Jace looked up from his book when Harlee made a noise. "What happened?"

"They saved my life," Kayla said, "my names Kayla."

"Son?" Jace stated.

"Dad, I took him into the city. I was trying to prove to him he was strong and could do anything. Uhm.... I. We went to get something to eat, and Kayla was in the bathroom she needed help the man had kidnapped her. She wanted to come here. She killed the man with Harlee. Harlee, he saved us dad. The man chased us out of the store and if it weren't for Harlee we may both have been kidnapped."

Anika raced to Alex, hugging her tightly. "You too need to go shower. Harlee show Kayla your room. Your guys room, together."

"Alright, yes mom." Harlee took Kayla's hand tightly in his and raced her up the stairs. She stopped outside Carters door when she heard sounds. "Its my brothers room, and his wife's, they are trying to get pregnant, lets keep going." He pulled her along, as they entered his room she looked around.

She noticed a few odd things on the shelves, she made her way over towards it. He held his breath, waiting to see her response to the items. Most of the things on the shelves were regular items, books, trinkets, however sprinkled in were skulls, bones and teeth. Her eyes squinted as she picked up a jar, in the jar was a few teeth, two small bones and a ring.

"What is this?" She asked, she didn't seem upset but rather curious.

"Nothing," he managed out after being speechless for a few moments. "Nothing important."

"Do you kill people here?" She asked as she set down the jar and picked up a skull. "Honestly."

"Would that freak you out if I said yes?"

"We just killed someone together." She said. "So, no."

"How many people have you killed?" Harlee asked looking her over. "Honestly."

"Alone or with someone else?"

"Both." He replied.

"Twelve," She replied.

"How old are you?"

"Nineteen."

He looked her over. "Alright."

"How many people have you killed?"

"To many to count. Why have you killed all these people?"

"That man who kidnapped me, kidnapped me from a house that I called home, we would kill bad people. Mobsters and prostitutes and things like that. They weren't my real family though. Why do you kill?"

"To keep ourselves alive, we make sure that we protect the family."

"So, the death isn't worthless." She smiled. "We should shower."

"We?"

"Yeah, come on." She grabbed his hand and pulled him into the bathroom. He gulped as she began to undress herself. "You going to do it too?"

"Alright." He undressed and they got into the shower, the warm water hitting them both. He looked her over, never having been this close to a women before. She didn't pay that much attention to him, until he began to talk again. "My family is going to want us to be together."

"Alright, and."

"Will you start dating me?"

"Yes." She said. "If thats what you need."

"I need?"

"You helped save me, and I want to help keep you safe."

He smiled. "Thank you."

She leaned into him, kissing him. He just watched her, he was amazed how quickly she was going into this. He was confused, and he wanted to understand. This girl had more going on with her. She had to, there had to be a catch, no one liked him like this, not that he ever imagined. She smiled and pushed him against the shower wall, deepening the kiss. "If we are dating you should learn to kiss me."

I am going to propose to her at the family dinner in three months, that would be good, yeah. He thought to himself. She was almost perfect, but he was still confused.

"Uhm, yeah." He muttered kissing her back, he smiled as she kissed her intently. She grinned and ran his hands through her hair.

__

"Alex what do you think you were thinking?"

"I was thinking about my brother." Alex snapped back. "I was making sure my brother was okay."

"You could have died, Alex." Jace snarled as he sat back against his chair. Anika was walking back and forth, shaking her head. "Harlee could have died."

"I know that, but we wanted to prove that Harlee could do anything he wanted to. That he was strong, that I was strong."

"We know you are strong."

"But what about Harlee."

"Hes..hes getting there."

"Dad, honestly." Alex snarled. "He killed this guy. Saved us."

Jace nodded understanding, he knew Alex was right, he was being to hard on him, or Alex. "What is this about?"

"You need to treat Harlee better." Alex snapped and ran up the stairs slamming her door shut. Anika just shook her head at Jace and headed up to speak to her. Jace lowered his head in his hand.