Chapter Eleven: Into the City

Please remember to leave those comments and favs, add this book to your reading lists! It has also hit 1k reads! I want to thank yall so much!

________

Alex decided to take it upon herself to prove to her brother he was strong, and he had the capability to do anything. She wanted to prove it to him, so she decided to do something a little drastic. "Can we take the car into the city?" Alex asked.

Jace cocked his head looking to her with question.

"Why?" He asked suspicious.

"I wanted to show Harlee some of my favorite spots please." She replied back. "Please daddy." He smirked and nodded, he couldn't tell her no. Harlee smiled and they went on their way. She drove and he tried not to talk to much on the way to the city.

"So what are we really doing?"

"You are going to kill a family and kidnap a child."

Harlee's eyes went wide, she said that like it wasn't a big deal. "What?!"

"You are going to kidnap a child, and kill an entire family."

"How old is this child?"

"Or you could kidnap us a wife."

"I thought you were over this sharing thing."

"Not exactly, look I don't want to disappoint them and just get a wife, they want grandkids so your wife can be my play toy. Valery isn't my type."

"What makes her not your type?" Harlee asked trying to distract from the idea of killing a family and stealing a child.

"Her nose ring, not into that, but other than that she is hot."

"You are honestly the weirdest member of the family."

"No I am not." Alex commented back with a growl. "You are."

Harlee rolled his eyes. "Where are we going exactly?"

"The city, first to my favorite places than to get either us- I mean you a wife, or to take a kid."

"I didn't bring any weapons."

"I did, I knew you wouldn't."

Harlee watched out the window as cars drove past, the woods were far behind them now. "Dad told me we could get a hotel for the night if we needed to."

"That could be cool, we don't get to leave that much. We are eighteen we should be able to."

"Well lets get us something and we will work it out." Alex shushed him, he grew silent as they drove along. She parked a few block away from the places she wanted to take him, she put on a sparkly pink backpack that had a few supplies in it and gave him a green one as well. "You ready."

"Where all are we going?"

"First I am hungry, then we can find someones house and go inside."

"Alright."

They stopped to get burgers, she got one with as much as she could on it while he picked things off. They also each got a milkshake, she got a strawberry one while he got an Oreo. "This stuff just doesn't taste as good as moms."

"Or yours for that matter." Alex chimed in as they ate. He smiled thankful for her to say something like that.

He finally built up the courage to ask her. "Why are you helping me out?"

"I think you could be stronger, if you proved to dad you are cut out for this life than I think it could get you some cool points with them. You know you are kinda scrawny." She took a bite of her burger, ketchup dripping down it and onto the table. She watched him, she wanted to make sure he knew she was there for him.