Eleven

The night passed away on earth and it was finally time for the mission to start. It was 4:30 in the morning and the commissioner was already present in the office of Mr Roger. He brought with him his soldiers who were fully equipped with arms. The commissioner was signing some important papers and when he was finally done, he stood up and walked out to meet up with his armed men.

"Gentlemen, I would like to have one last talk with you. This is not an ordinary operation. This time we are not going to be handling humans, but, we are going to face aliens. They are extraterrestrial creatures. They are different from us and we do not know any of their strengths or weaknesses. They may have supernatural powers. So, please, be alert. Can I trust on you?" He talked.

"Yes sir!" They all replied simultaneously.

The commissioner, mr Jordan nodded his head.
Meanwhile, mr Roger appeared.

"Your costumes have been displaced in the next room. Please go and change. My staffs are there if any of you need help with the equipments. Mr Jordan, your equipment is there too." He said.

The whole army went to wear their clothes.

At 5:00 am sharp they were all a standing in front of two huge space shuttles which were white and had on them the flag of the USA. Under the command of Mr Roger, they entered their respective shuttles. It was finally time to start the operation.

"This is captain Roger, I request you all to please fasten your seatbelt. We'll be taking off in 10 seconds." Mr Roger said.

After he made the announcement, the roof of the building opened and soon, the first space craft took off with a very high speed. As soon as it took off, the second space craft was launched, again with a very high speed.
For about 10 minutes, no one was able to move as the craft was going really very fast.

Soon, the craft deccelarated.

"This is again your captain. We have successfully passed through the ozone. We are now in space. You can get off your seat if you wish to." Mr Roger announced.

"Mr Roger, can you hear me?" Mr Jordan talked from the other space shuttle.

"Yes." Mr Roger replied.

"How will we find the planet now?" Mr Jordan asked.

"We will have to search the space. It will be near earth itself but it has no fixed location." Mr Roger explained.

"Ok we are following you." Mr Jordan answered.

Mr Roger then turned to Jake.

"Come on Jake. I now totally depend on you. Find that planet." Mr Roger ordered.

Jake who was already concentrating on the space only nodded without moving his eyes away from the windows.

The space craft was now approaching the satellite, yet, Jake couldn't find that planet.

"Where could it go?" He murmured to himself.

He moved from the window to another one.
From that window he could see the moon. However he also noticed something sparkling on the moon.
It was really strange to him. Was there something on the moon?

"Captain! Come and see this." He shouted.

Mr Roger ran quickly to the window.

"Yes Jake. That's the moon." He said.

"Can you see something sparkling on it?" Jake asked.

"No. Not really... wait. Yes. There is something glittering. There is something on the moon!" Mr Roger exclaimed and as soon as he did, the other astronauts and some of the soldiers who were in the craft rushed to the window.

"We should go and check it." Jake said.

"In another mission Jake. Now we need to search for that planet." Mr Roger said.

"But sir, it can be a discovery for NASA." A man said from the crowd.

"Yeah I know, we can deal with this one later. At least we know where the moon is and we will not lose it. But that planet, we need to search for it fast. Get back to your seats now." Mr Roger commanded.

Jake was still amazed about the sparkling area on the moon. He couldn't handle his curiosity and he went to fetch his binoculars. He observed through it and soon his eyes focused on the sparkling area. The latter was not on the moon, it was in front of the moon and it was the crystal planet that they were searching for.

"Captain Roger. I found it!" Jake shouted.

Mr Roger quickly ran to him and he was given the binoculars. He looked through it and saw the planet.

"Unbelievable!" He whispered.

"This is amazing." He said as he took off the binoculars from his eyes.

"Change direction! We are going towards the moon." He ordered.

He walked towards the microphone.

"Commissioner Jordan. We found the location. We are now heading to the moon." He informed.

"Noted." Mr Jordan answered.

"This is really incredible. The last time you saw it it was near the satellite. Now, it is near the moon. What is that thing?" Mr Roger wondered aloud.

"We need to go there to find out really." Jake answered.

"I hope I find Adam and Laticia." He muttered.

"I hope so too." Mr Roger replied.

Both space craft were moving towards the moon with an increased speed.

Finally, they got closer. As the space craft passed near the crystal planet, Jake felt a fear in his veins. The image of the extraterrestrial creatures who took away his friends flashed in his head. Thinking about them made him swallow hard.

"Captain Roger! My men are ready. Tell your staffs to take the arms I supplied with them too. We do not know where danger can knock on us." The voice of Mr Jordan was heard from the speaker.

"My staffs are ready commissioner. We are ready to land." Mr Roger answered.

Jake was looking at his gun while sitting in the space craft.

"Fasten you belt. We are going to land." Mr Roger ordered.

Suddenly the space craft banked a little and soon it made a lound sound.

"We have successfully landed. Get ready for our mission gentlemen." Mr Roger said.