Five

A few moment passed away and the siblings were still not talking. Laticia had already accepted defeat. She started to think that she will not see her family and friends again. Thinking about friends, she remembered Jake. She was always making fun of him because he was a coward. She realised that Jake wasn't a coward, he was just a protective guy who knew how to remain away from trouble.

Suddenly, they heard a loud noise. They quickly stood up and saw some of the creatures who fell from above.
One of them approached the siblings. They both started to sweat.
It growled at them. They then started to walk away.

Laticia and Adam felt relieved but not for long. They stopped and turned back. They growled again but in a gentle manner. As if they were trying to communicate with the siblings but the latter couldn't understand. One of the creatures walked back towards them and lifted both of them. Laticia started to scream, but in vain. They then walked away.

"Adam do something." Laticia said with terror.

However Adam remained quiet.

Finally, they got out of the creator's grip.
Blood started to flow out of Adam's hand. His hand got pricked by the back of the creature which was holding him.
He felt no pain but the blood drove Laticia crazy.

"Adam. Oh no!" She exclaimed as she grabbed her brother's hand.

"Leave him." They heard a voice.

It was the queen.
She was sitting on a kind of throne made of crystal. She was looking very attractive. Adam watched her with his mouth-opened. Laticia was amazed by the throne. It was shining. They both kept on staring.

"What is this red liquid?" Crystalina asked.

"Can't you see it's blood? This thing has hurt my brother!" Laticia exclaimed with tears in her eyes as she pointed at the creature who carried them.

"Don't shout!" Crystalina ordered and as soon as she did all the creatures surrounded the siblings.

Fear filled the heart of Laticia and she decide to remain quiet.

"Adam. Come near me." The queen said.

Adam hesitated. But then, he slowly walked towards the throne. As he approached, the lips of the queen curved into a smile. She fixed her eyes only on Adam. Finally Adam was in front of her.
She stood up from her seat and grabbed Adam's hand. Adam felt as if he was electrocuted. After that, he felt no pain at all. The blood flowed back into his hand.
He was madly shocked and quickly raised his head to look at Crystalina. When he did so, he noticed that Crystalina's face was real close to his. He again had a weird feeling. A feeling of being attracted to the queen, who had a smile on her face.

Adam shook his head and blinked his eyes several times as he took a few steps back from the queen.

The queen's smile faded away as he did so. She sat back on her throne.

"I've called you here, because now you are going to be a part of us. So, you need to know how things work out here." She said.

"We don't want to stay here." Laticia said.

"I am giving you a chance to live. You have only two options. Either you live with us, or you be my prisoners till your death." Crystalina said.

"Why don't you kill us then?" Laticia shouted as she bursted out into tears.

Crystalina said nothing. But the expression on her face clearly explained that she was now very irritated by Laticia. She muttered something in her language. As she did so, one of the creature stepped forward, bowed in front of the queen and then it lifted Laticia and carried her away.

"Where are you taking her?" Finally, Adam questioned

"Oh Adam. She is safe, until you behave well with me." Cystalina replied, with her smile back on her face.

"What do you want?" Adam asked.

The queen looked at him closely, still smiling and started to walk towards him.

"I want you..." she whispered.

Adam's heart started to race as soon as he heard her words

"...to explain to your other human that she needs to be silent, just like you've been. Because, if she gets on my nerves I may kill her." She completed.

"Why don't you just let us go?" Adam asked.

"Oh well. Looks like you've been contaminated by her. No one questions the queen!" She said in a louder tone.

"Ok. We will stay here." Adam said firmly.

"Perfect choice." Crytalina answered.

Adam said nothing,. Instead, he knelt down in front of the queen.

Crystalina gave him a wild smile and then ordered him to get up.

"Now that you've accepted to be here forever, why not visit the place?" Crystalina said with a smirk.

"Sure." Adam replied as he smiled at her too.

"But, what about Laticia?" Adam asked.

"Don't worry. She is fine." Crystalina said and started to walk.

"Come with me." She ordered.

Adam followed her and after walking for some minutes, Adam noticed that the other creatures were all hanging upside down.

"What are they doing?" Adam asked.

They are resting." Crystalina said.

"Here? Don't they have houses?" Adam asked.

"What's that. This is not your planet. This is how we live here. Furthermore, you'll now live like this too." Crystalina answered.

"What? Will I have to hang upside down together with these things?" Adam asked with shock.

Crystalina stopped and turned around to look Adam in the face. Her lips then curved into a smile.

"You...will stay with me. Not with them." She said, still smiling.

"Can I see my sister?" Adam asked immediately.