Eight

"Since when you've been here?" Adam asked.

"Forever." Crystalina replied.

Adam and the queen were now sitting together. Adam sat very close to her.

"That's impossible. I've been travelling in the space since very long, but, I never saw this planet before. This is new. As long as I know, there are only eight planets in the solar system, in which, yours is not included." Adam said.

"Oh Adam. You're smart." Crystalina answered.

"What do you mean?" Adam questioned. He was now looking directly into the queen's eyes.

"You are not on a planet. you're on a rock. A rock made of crystal." Crystalina said.

"What? You mean, this is just a rock?" Adam asked again.

"Yes. This is not a planet. And you said that you never saw this crystal ball in your whole life. Well, since it is a rock, it does not stay still. It moves randomly in the space. We have no orbit, no nothing. We live inside a rock." The queen explained.

Adam only stared at her with his mouth left opened. He didn't know what say. Adam thought of extracting as much information as he could from her so that he can find a way to flee from there.

"Are we the first humans you encountered?" He asked.

"Oh no. There was a group of your kind who came here about...400 years ago." Crystalina said.

"4 years ago?" Adam asked.

"400." The queen confirmed.

"What? You've been here since 400 years? What's your age?" Adam asked as he stood up with shock.

"Age? What's that?" Crystalina asked.

"The number of years you have lived since the day you're born you know. Like, you are a baby and then a kid, then a teen and then an adult." Adam tried to explain.

Crystalina raised one of her eyebrows and stared at Adam blankly. It was clear to Adam that she understood nothing.

"What happened to those humans? Where are they?" Adam asked.

"They died." The queen answered.

"What? How?" Adam asked as his eyes opened wider.

However, Crystalina gave no answer.

"Nevermind. Just tell me about this place. About you and your troop." Adam asked.

As soon as he did, the queen stood up with rapidity and stood in front of Adam.

"Why do you want to know all this?" She asked suspiciously.

Adam got scared by her gaze. She was close enough to his face.

"Because.... I.. I want to know... more about you... I want to live with you... and.. and you are the most wonderful being I've ever seen." Adam tried to praise her.

As soon as he said his last sentence, the queen stepped back from him and smiled.
She turned her face away from Adam.

"Long time ago, this thing that you believe is a crystal planet was merely a rock. I transformed it into crystal. My troop, my servants, without me, whey would still be rocks. I changed them into living crystals. Therefore I'm called their queen. They do what I command. If I'm not here, they return back to their original structure, rocks and stones." She explained.

"Woah. But how do you do that?" Adam asked.

"I do not know. This is how I am." Crystalina said.

Adam was behind her and her back was facing Adam. Adam slowly approached her and finally, he stood in front of her. He grabbed her hands and stepped nearer to her.

"You are way too amazing queen. I just love your personality. You deserve a lot." Adam said.

"What do you mean?" Crystalina asked.

Adam was still holding her hands.

"You are beautiful and unique queen. Till when will you live with stones? Why don't you come with me on earth? We will stay together. You will meet true people, not stones." Adam was still speaking but Crystalina pushed him away which caused him to fall on the ground.

Adam stood back on his feet and he saw the queen staring at her. Her eyes were filled with anger.

"I created them. I created this planet. Don't you dare to mention about leaving this world of mine! I will never leave from here. Never!" The queen shouted.

She then walked back to her throne and sat down.

Adam remained quiet. He was traumatised by the anger of the queen.

In the mean time, Laticia walked back.

"Hey. I love this place. I mean, I just came across one of those giant creatures and it didn't hurt me at all." Laticia said with a smile.

He noticed that Adam was not normal. He had fear in his eyes.

"What happened to you?" Laticia asked as she put her hand on Adam's shoulder.

Adam looked at her and pushed her hand away. He walked away silently.

"What happened to him?" Laticia asked the queen.

No one questions the queen." Crystalina said, still with anger.

Laticia said nothing and ran to follow her brother.

"Adam!" She shouted.

However, Adam didn't stop at all. He kept on walking away.

Crystalina watched him going quietly.

Laticia ran with a greater speed and finally she reached by the side of his brother.

"What... what's into you?" She said, panting.

"This is going to be tough. Real tough." Adam finally talked.

"What?" Laticia couldn't understand.

"She has enormous powers Laticia. She can turn rocks into monsters. That's her power. We can't defeat her." Adam explained.

They both continued to walk.

"There must be some way out Adam." Laticia said.

"There isn't!" He shouted.

"I asked her to come with us on earth. Her answer was no. I insisted, but, she got on her nerves. She was so damn angry a few minutes before. You didn't see her rage. She could've killed me!" Adam exclaimed with a broken voice. His lips were trembling as he spoke.

"I won't." Crystalina said.

Her voice prevailed from the top. The siblings lifted their head up and were panic-stricken when they saw the queen who was walking upside down over their head.

"Oh no. She heard us." Laticia whispered to Adam.

The queen jumped down and she was now facing the siblings. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her eyes were fixed into Adam's eyes. She walked towards them by taking small steps, without taking away her sight from Adam.