Injuries and regrets

Saturday 31 August, somewhere during the morning.

-You were a little brutal you know? You almost broke his skull.

-You told me to hit it hard and I did, replied the young man ironically.

-Yes but I said that in the second degree, scoffed his eldest.

-It's irony Paul, you're proud of me!

Prenter turned around his boyfriend without taking his eyes off him, certainly he was proud, very proud. It might not have been quite what he had planned but the effect that was going to be felt was going to be multiply.

-Oh yes I am my luv, this poor little Joe didn't even understand what happened to him.

-Are you sure that will make Freddie react, asked the other shortening the distance between them.

-Of course it will, I know him all too well, whispered Prenter still smiling.

Paul grabbed his boyfriend's face to kiss him passionately and pushed him towards the couch to lay him down.

-Is that my reward babe? You know I don't like to be submissive, he said with a pervers smile.

-I might not have been able to get Freddie but I had you.

Paul leaned over his lover and riped off his t-shirt and his pants, the other might say that he didn't like to be the bottom; in this relationship it was Paul and only Paul who was leaning the dance.

-Submit or you will have nothing, he ordered frowning.

The other hissed between his teeth and started to swear.

-Prenter...you're just a fucking leech!

Far away, in the hospital.

-I'm sorry Mr Mercury but you can't go there, said calmly the young nurse.

-Tell me at least how he's doing, he demanded aggressively. Is it serious?!

Jim wrapped his arms around his boyfriend to keep him from doing something stupid, he whispered something that eventually calmed him but he could heard his heart beat pounding in his chest. Freddie barely relaxed when Peter finally showed up.

-Phoebe tell me how he's doing!

-Calm down, said the other man with a sight.  He has a cut on the top of the skull and a head trauma but he will be fine.

-Can we go see him, continued the singer almost imploring.

-Yes but only five minutes and because I insisted.

Peter led them to Joe's room where a doctor finished cleaning his wound, Freddie couldn't bear to see his confidant in such a state and he hurried to take his hand. There was no response from Joe.

-Darling we're here, murmured the rockstar softly.

-Hi guys, mumbled the young man still under the effect of anesthesia. It's good to see you...

-How are you feeling, asked Jim.

-My head is spinning but it's okay.

-Are you kidding us, replied the singer examining his wound. You risk keeping a scar.

-Oh that's nothing...I'm not narcissistic, quipped his ex.

-What happened Liza, continued Freddie. How did you do that?

Joe suddenly panicked and looked back at Peter. He had the same look as a child caught doing something stupid and was looking for a kind of reassurance.