5. Need of a Change

Start from the beginning

"Okay, Niall. Let's get to work. "She said giving me a nod. I looked at her and nodded.

Elizabeth's POV

"Bang!" Niall said pressing my back against his chest, my arm crossed my chest with a stake in my hand. . Niall’s  other hand pushing my head to the side, his lips a few inches away from my neck.

"You're dead." He said and playfully tried to bit me. I giggled and pushed him away.

"You are getting better though." Niall smiled down at me. "I think that's enough for today."

"Okay" I nodded and he took the stake from my hand and started to head over to the bench towards his bag. I smirked, I'm taking this opportunity.I ran towards him and in a matter of seconds I was pinned down on the mat beneath him.

"Come on!" I whined. "I had you. I did everything you told me." Niall chuckled, shaking his head.

"Yes, you did but your little battle cry gave it away. Plus, I’mm much faster and stronger." He smirked down at me and I rolled my eyes.

"So if I didn't scream would you have stopped me then?" I asked tilting my head to the side. Niall looked away from me considering his options.

"Probably." He nodded, looking at me with triumphant blue eyes. I have never notice his eyes were such a beautiful blue color before. It’s like the Tenerife  sea, crystal and clear.

I could feel his breath hitting my face, his lips a few inches from mine. Niall looked at my lips then back up into my eyes. He started to slowly lean in and I didn't know what else to do except close my eyes.

"Hey, Niall I think-" Liam's voice echoed through the gym and Niall quickly stood up. "Oh...um...did I interrupt something?" He asked scratching the back of his neck.

"No, just the fact that I kicked Elizabeth's ass." Niall said holding a hand out to me and helped me off the floor. I rolled my eyes.

"You got lucky, Horan" I stated. “Next time your ass is going to be on the mat.”

"In your dreams, princess."

Eleanor and I were walking through the courtyard as the school bell rang in the background. We were both carrying out textbooks.

"Hey girls!" Niall said walking over to us wearing his school uniform, holding onto the strap of his backpack. That's the one thing I hated, having to wear uniforms at least we only have to wear them while classes are in session.

"Hey" I smiled and bended over the water fountain. I turned the small switch and started to drink. I jumped when I felt water splash all over my face. I quickly pulled away and coughed. There was a group of students a few feet away laughing.

"Are you okay?" Eleanor asked as I whipped my face clean with my hands.

"Awe, did the little princess get all wet?" A girl with long blonde hair teased.

"Cut it out, Caroline!" Eleanor scowled at her.

"Hey, I wouldn't mind making her wet." Another guy with short brown hair stated in a gross manner elbowing his friend in the arm licking his lips. Niall scowled at the boys. I immediately tensed up trying to make myself as small as I possibly could, clutching my books to my chest looking at the ground.

"Listen to me you fucking pig" Niall snapped at him as he made his way over. "If you ever talk to her like that again, I will personally hunt you down and snap your neck." He said and grabbed the guy by his shirt.

"Niall, don't" I whimpered. I don't want him to get in trouble with Mr. Heartwood because of me.

"Bro, chill out. It was a joke." The guy said pushing Niall off of him.

"You have been warned." Niall said is voice thick with venom and walked back over to us.

"We should get to class." Eleanor said changing the subject and I nodded.

"Hey, Ellie. Can I talk to you?" Niall asked as we walked down the hall way a few feet away from our classroom.

"I'll save you guys a seat” Eleanor said glancing between Niall and I and headed inside the class room.

“What’s up Niall?” I asked pushing my hair behind my ear. Niall looked at me then at the floor scratching the back of his neck.

“I just wanted to apologize for what happened back at the gym.” He mumbled. “I mean if Liam wouldn’t have barged in then-“

“Niall, it’s okay” I giggled. “Don’t worry about that. We just got lost in the moment” I shrugged.

“So are we okay?” He asked with a small frown on his face.

“Of course we are” I said and ruffled his hair. He chuckled and reached for the door opening it for me allowing me to head into the classroom first.