Ch 10 - Family Problems

Lillie's PoV

Dear Diary.

It has been approximately 1 month since Ash came to Alola. I keep on asking him why he came to Alola, but he doesn't want to answer. I have noticed this since when I ask the question, he jokes about something and walks away to Kiawe and Sophocles. I wonder if he got in some sort of trouble, I don't know.

But there is another thing, I have been feeling differently around Ash, when I'm around him I feel comfort, and warmth. He has been acting strange around me recently as well, I compliment him on his work sometimes and he gets flustered, and he turns red like a Tamato Berry. I don't get it, I might have a look into it soon.

-Lillie

Once Lillie finished her entry, she closed her book and went down stairs to eat something, since she hasn't eaten anything in a while. Once she got to the kitchen, she went towards the fridge. She was about to open it until something, or someone pulled her back. "What do you think your doing, Lillie dear?" Lillie didn't respond. "I know you trying to get food." "I know mom, I am hungry, you haven't fed me since breakfast!" Lillie shouted. The person she was talking to right now was her mom, who was none other than the president of the Aether Foundation. "Come on dear, I want you looking your best." "Mom! I am not an object to be played with!" Lusamine got angry at what her daughter said.

For the past week, this has been going on. They would usually get into an argument, until Lusamine grabbed Lillie and started slapping her. "Do as I say!" Lusamine screamed. Lillie then ran off to her room, and locked the door. She started sobbing, then fell on her bed. "T-this has been going on for too long, I don't like my home, I don't want to be here." Lillie cried, to herself. She then cried herself to sleep. At this point, only one person has picked up on this, and it was Ash. When Ash saw Lillie covered in bruises, he obviously got worried about her. He tried talking to her, but to no avail, she didn't say anything about it.

But little did Lillie know that a certain Frog-like Pokemon was spying on the incident that occurred. Ash was looking through Greninja's eyes, horrified at what he just saw. "So that is what was happening, the whole time..." Ash was furious, so was Greninja. "Alright Greninja, come back to the cabin, we will find a way to solve this mess." Greninja obeyed and started walking back to Kukui's cabin, or rather jumping in between the tree's to get back. 

While Greninja was heading back, Ash had a great idea. Since the class was getting homework tomorrow that they had to do in pairs, Ash might try to get Lillie as his partner, and go to Lillie's house to work on it. That way he can stop Lusamine. 

The next day rolled around, and as usual, he saw Lillie all bruised. The day was nothing out of the ordinary, just learning about normal stuff, until when Kukui brought up a subject. "So now class, lets talk about emotions!" Everyone in the class was obviously confused, especially Ash. Ash was known to be very dense, so most things he wouldn't get. "Why we are going to talk about this today is because around your age, you start feeling new emotions, strange ones in fact." Everyone understood, even Ash. 

Ash has been feeling different emotions recently, but what he doesn't get is why he is feeling them when he is near Lillie. He isn't sure, so he just shrugged it off, but still eager to learn about these, 'emotions.' "One emotion you kids might feel later on, or even now, is that you feel warm, or comfort when your around someone." Ash picked up on this, as he looked at Lillie, he felt like he started to heat up, and Ash drank some water. "This emotion is simple, yet complex, to put it simply, it is called love!" Ash spat out his water. "Oh god, sorry professor..." "It's ok Ash, go get some Paper Towels and clean yourself up." 

While Ash was cleaning up his mess, Lillie was in deep thought. No, this feeling is Love? We have only known each other for a month, and why did Ash act so weirdly then?  Lillie snapped out of it when Mallow got her attention. "So Lillie, you have been acting strangely around Ash, is it possible you like him?" Lillie jumped in surprise. "N-no, its not like that!" "Yeah yeah, sure Lillie." Mallow smirked.

The rest of the lesson went by, with Ash and Lillie being more quiet than usual, probably because of the awkwardness on the lesson they had just before. "Alright, now class, your homework is going to be special, you will be raising Pokemon from their eggs!" The class got excited, but they were nothing compared to how excited Ash and Kiawe were. "Her Professor, what Pokemon are in those eggs?" Ash asked. "I need a fire type Professor!" Shouted Kiawe, excitedly. "That is for you two to see, anyway, partner up with someone and then look after the egg." Kiawe buddied up with Sophocles and Mallow buddied up with Lana, leaving only Ash and Lillie left. 

"H-hey, uh Lillie, wanna be partners?" Ash asked. "Uhhh, sure Ash..." Lillie responded. Mallow was watching the conversation between the two unfold. "They both seem nervous talking to each other after that lesson, what do you think Lana?" Mallow said. "Oh, they definitely like each other." Lana said. Mallow smirked. "I thought so." Then they walked off towards Mallows house. 

"So Ash, my house or your place." This is where Ash initiated is plan. "Hm, lets go to your place I suppose." Just as Ash said that, Lillie's butler pulled up. "Hello madam, and who might this be?" "This is Ash, he will be coming over today." The Butler frowned. "I'm sorry Lillie, but your Mom doesn't want any guests over today." Lillie frowned. "This is for homework, and it is super important." Lillie said. "Hmm, I suppose Miss Lusamine won't mind if it is homework." Ash and Lillie's lit up as they got in the car. 

The whole car ride had an awkward atmosphere to it, until they arrived. "Woah, your house is HUGE!" Ash exclaimed. Lillie giggled at this. "I know,  my Family is rich, that's all." Lillie said. "Yeah, I wish I had a proper family." Ash mumbled. "Huh, what was that Ash?" "Oh, it was nothing!" Once they entered the house, they were greeted by Lillie's maids.

They sat down at a nearby table and started studying the egg. "Hey Lillie, what Pokemon do you think will hatch from this egg?" "I'm not sure Ash." After Lillie said that, Lillie's stomach grumbled. "Heh, looks like your hungry, am I right?" "Yeah, I haven't had anything to eat in a while." Lusamine was in the kitchen, so Ash figured she could eat his food. Once Lillie was about to get up, Ash got out his food. "Here Lillie, I got some food for you." She was hesitant at first, but then took the offer. "Thanks Ash, I really appreciate it." Lillie said, while blushing. Ash heated up again. "U-uh, no problem!"

Lusamine looked over at them, and she was unhappy that she was eating some food. "Hm, I think I need a chat with her." She walked over to Ash and Lillie. "Hey Lillie, we need to talk, come upstairs to my room." Lusamine said. Lillie had a look of fright on her face, but still followed her mother.

Ash was thinking why her mom needed to talk to her. Why would she need to talk to her, right now out of all times. She looked annoyed, especially when I gave lillie some food, oh! I have to act quick. "Excuse me Butler, but where are the toilets?" "Oh, they are up those stairs." The Butler pointed to the stairs that Lillie and her mother were going up. Ash thanked him and went up the stairs.

Once Ash got up the stairs, he saw Lillie and Lusamine go into a room, Lusamine locked the door. "Ok, I have to think, quick." Ash said to himself.

"I have to save her."