•°• Chapter 20 •°•

Meanwhile,
Around the crime scene...
Monoma's POV

"Are you alright, Mio-chan?!" I ran toward Mio-chan after I defeated one of the villains who I never acknowledged their name. All I desired now was to go to Mio-chan and assure her everything would be fine now.

"P-Phantom Thief-san..." The young girl sobbed in sadness, tears dripped out of the corners of her violet eyes. I knelt down in front of Mio-chan and immediately hugged her. "It's okay now. Me... Deku... The heroes are here to rescue you!" I said some words of encouragement.

Mio-chan responded by embracing me tightly. I patted her small back in a gentle and kind way. She buried her face in the crook of my neck, snivelling softly.

Izuku, where did you disappear to? Please return to me!

You promised you wouldn't get me worried again...

"Hey guys! I found Midoriya!!!" Kirishima hollered to gain our attention. A gasp of astonishment slipped from my mouth. Mio-chan lifted her head up and stared at my face questionably. "Let's go." I nodded my head while smiling widely at her.

I held Mio-chan's hand and led her outside of this run-down base. We both were quite shocked to see the heroes surrounding Izuku who was sitting on the ground. From this distance, I could see devastation clouded her face for unknown reason.

"Izuku! / Deku-san!" Me and Mio-chan yelled in unison before we sprinted toward the crowd. When I got a closer view, Izuku's top was torn off, exposing her front upper half to everyone around.

"Izuku, what is wrong?! What happened to you?!"

Midoriya's POV

It... Is over...

Haru-kun is no longer...

I clenched my fist close to my chest, my teeth gritting shakily. I was too traumatized to reply to my friends' question.

Haru-kun... Haru-kun...

I'm sorry... I'm sorry for not saving you soon...

My gaze then fell on a mirror shard laying still on the ground. That must be the mirror that Haru-kun used to bring me to the mirror world. Picking it up carefully, I wrapped it with a handkerchief that I pulled out from my pocket.

"Izuku! /Deku-san!" Two different voices -- a man's and a girl's -- called for me in such a rushing tone.

Hesitantly, I lifted my head up, witnessing many worried gazes that were focused on me. "Neito... Everyone..." I croaked out, tears fell from my eyes once again.

"Izuku, what is wrong?! What happened?" Neito knelt down in front of me. I saw Mio-chan standing behind him. She was also crying...

"What... Happened... Here...?" I managed out in bewilderment, my eyes scanning the environment confusedly. "When you were about to ambush their hideout, you... Suddenly disappeared in front of us. Since we didn't want to mess up the original plan, we proceeded to fight the villains." Todoroki-kun explained the situation.

"Yeah, we could only conclude you were fighting with a much stronger villain." Kirishima-kun added, guilt evident on his face. "We are so sorry for living you all alone, Izuku-san." Momo apologized, so were the others.

I mustered a small smile for them. I shook my head. "Mm, it's fine, guys. What matter now is we all succeeded in arresting the villains back." I pumped up my fist energetically.

"Well, you are right... But..." Kaminari-kun looked down to the ground. "We missed the chance to capture their accomplice." Tokoyami-kun voiced out his disappointment.