•°• Chapter 06 •°•

At the playground,
Morning...

Midoriya's POV

"Haru-kun!" I stood up from the bench when I saw my sidekick walking toward me. "Izuku-san, it is very rare to see you so early in morning." Haru-kun — also known as Kagami — exclaimed delightfully. We both shook hands while smiling at each other.

Haruka Aozaki. Hero name: Kagami.

His Quirk is called Mirror Teleportation. He can teleport into any mirror  and even bring people into the mirror world.

"Hehehe, I feel like jogging today." I grinned widely at Haru-kun before we agreed to sit down on the bench. "Haru-kun, what are you doing here? You don't usually leave your house so early too, do you?" I asked, tilting my head in curiosity. His face turned faintly red. "I was... Taking a stroll around the neighbourhood." He answered, scratching his cheek.

I met Haru-kun during U.A. sport festival three years ago. He was still a first-year student back then but he showed such a potential to become a great hero. His passion and spirit were the reason I was attracted to him.

He had the heart of a true hero. Like All Might!

Haru-kun was a shy and awkward boy. He constantly stuttered when we talked. This personality of his kinda reminded me of my teenager self.

Because we both showed such chemistry, I invited him to do work study at my agency. I was more than happy to welcome him. Now, we have known each other for three years.

He is a kind-hearted and great guy. That was why I broke my principle and hired him as my sidekick.

What principle? Well, to be frank, I have decided not to take in any sidekick.

But Haru-kun is an exceptional.

I was thinking about it... Thoroughly...

His potential, his determination, his spirit, his passion...

Were something needed to be a suitable successor of One For All.

Maybe, one day I will tell him the truth about my Quirk. Because...

I shifted my attention to this shy boy next to me. He was fidgeting in the bench, fingers fiddling restlessly.

I trusted him the most.

"Oh yeah, now that you are here, why don't you come over to my place for breakfast? My parents are home though. You don't mind?" I sincerely invited as I slowly stood up from the bench. Offering my hand to Haru-kun, I grinned ear-to-ear at him.

"E-eh, are you serious?" Haru-kun took my hand and stood up from the seat. He seemed uncertain about my honest proposituon. "Yes, I'm serious. If you don't come with me, I will fire you." I declared playfully but I guessed my teasing had gone too far.

"HUH??!!" Haru-kun gasped in total shock and I swore, I could hear his heart cracking. Woah— he was that stupefied by my joke?

"Wait, wait— It is just a harmless joke, okay? Just a joke!" I ruffled his aqua blue hair to calm him down. Tears already flowed down his cheeks. Argh... Now I felt bad. I just hurt my precious sidekick's feelings.

"Aww, Haru-kun... Don't cry..."

"I-I'm... Sorry... I will come with you so please don't throw me out, Izuku-san!" He cried out, chibi tears were flooding in his sapphire blue eyes. I opened my arms and he surged forward to hug me, his head leaning on my right shoulder. "There, there..." I patted his back reassuringly.