•°• Chapter 10 •°•

One month later,
Nighttime,
In front of Sakuragawa Hall...

Midoriya's POV

One month flew by in the blink of an eye... Yet Haru-kun hadn't woken up. It was sad, but I had to bear it. I had to believe in him.

And in that one month period, I worked as hero alone. It was... Kinda unusual for me since I was accustomed to working together with Haru-kun.

It was hard for me... But my mom, All Might and my friends were there with me all the time to support me. It was really helpful...

And yes, not only them... Monoma-kun... Monoma-kun willingly spent his time with me even though he himself was busy. We visited Haru-kun once a week at hospital together.

I noticed that our bond had grown much deeper than before. The time we spent together was really precious. I felt like I was the happiest person in this world whenever I was with Monoma-kun.

Honestly, all these feelings and memories we created together... Got me thinking.

Am I in love with him?

I glanced at my wrist watch for the tenth time already, nervously waiting for Monoma-kun to arrive. I headed to Sakuragawa Hall first since I finished dressing up myself early. I was eager to meet Mio-chan and her parents again.

Today is Mio-chan's birthday party!

Monoma-kun and me were told to wear formal attire since many of Mio-chan's parents' friends would be there too.

Okay, the Rikita couple just revealed that they came from a royal bloodline that was why their daughter's birthday party would be presented with many noblemen and V.I.P..

It confused me at first. I thought they were only joking becuase in a relatively normal neighbourhood for commoners, not rich people's neighborhood. According to Yana-san, they didn't want to draw any unwanted attention, especially from villains. They only wished for a peaceful life. That explained their situation. Everything made sense.

Anyway, me and Monoma-kun are special guests.There are ppliticians, CEO's, architects, royal family and many more important people with high-class job will come!

Oh God, I'm so nervous— this is my first time coming to a formal party. Not to mention, a lavish and merry one! With so many important people with higher status than me....

I don't think I deserve this.

I had worn my best formal dress I kept in my closet. I rarely dressed myself in this attire because I thought it was too revealing and looked ugly on me. Besides, I got this dress as a birthday present from Momo.

Wait... Honestly, it doesn't look that bad...

I stared at my reflection in the glass window and my face darkened with disgust.

For second thoughts, this dress DOES look weird on me.

"Hey, you are early, Midoriya."

Monoma-kun's voice startled me to death. I almost let out a scream when he spoke up out of nowhere!

Oh my gosh, I nearly have a heart attack!

I turned to Monoma-kun at light speed, puffing my cheeks at him. "Come on, what is with that face?" Monoma-kun suddenly pinched my cheeks playfully. "Ouch ouch— Monoma-kun, stop it!" I whimpered while he just laughed at me.