•°• Chapter 03 •°•

Nighttime,
In the city...

Third Person's POV

"LIKE I SAID, I'm sorry! I know I accepted her invitation without your consent but I sympathized that girl! She seemed very sincere to repay us!" Izuku exclaimed earnestly. She had been trying to reason with Neito for like eternity, but the sandy blonde-haired hero was so stubborn. He didn't listen to even a word she said.

"Don't you know it is rude to make a one-sides decision like that? Unlike you, I'm always occupied like Takumi-san stated." Neito crossed his arms in his chest, unsatisfied with Izuku. He directed a death glare at the heroine, causing shivers to ran through her body.

Feeling guilty, Izuku hung her head low, looking down to the ground. Her track came to a halt, her soft red lips quivering with regret. He was right. She was top impulsive and impatient. What kind of hero was she to act in such a pathetic way?

'Oh, no... Am I going too far? Well, it was her fault to begin with so she deserved a little scolding...' Neito, being the egoist he was, didn't want to admit his mistake. Without he realized, he had offended the young woman's feelings.

Slowly, Izuku lifted her head up. "I'm sorry, Monoma-kun... Y-You know what, you don't have to come if you don't want to. I will try to explain to Mio-chan your reason." A fake happy smile mustered on her face as she rubbed the back of her head, awkwardly laughing at herself.

"Ah, look at the time! I better go home now! Don't want to worry my mother!" The female greenette desperately wanted to disappear from the male's sight. The immense guilt she felt was starting to crush her heart, plus the scolding she received from him. It was too much for her to handle.

'Ugh, why am I so unlucky lately? First the dating issue, and now I have to face this scolding? Well, actually I deserve this. It was my fault for rushing with the decision.' Her palm clenched into firm fist.

"S-see you again, Monoma-kun." Hastily, Izuku walked away from Neito in such a rushing pace. She just wanted to go home, ALREADY.

The Copy Hero just watched the heroine gradually leaving his eyesight, her figure began to lose in the sea of humans. Somehow, he felt uneasy deep inside yet he still wanted to deny this bothersome feeling.

Sighing in frustration, Neito walked through the crowds, heading back to his place.

•••••

The next few days,
Phantom Thief Hero Agency,
Evening...

Monoma's POV

Damn it... I can't stop thinking about Midoriya.

What the hell is freaking wrong with myself? Why can't I just erase her face from my mind since that night?

WHY AM I RANTING?! UGH, THIS IS TOO MUCH!

"...ief... Thief...antom Thief... Phantom Thief." A woman's voice called me out. I lifted my gaze up from the paper stack on my table. My secretary, Mikuhara was standing in front of me. "What is it?" I asked in disinterest. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody.

I can't get Midoriya out of my head. Am I doing crazy?
Was I being too harsh on her that night? The way she talked before leaving me got me concerned.

"No, it is nothing important. It is just... I notice you have been spacing out since this morning." Mikuhara told me politely, the tone of her voice low and gentle. I averted my icy blue pupils from her. I remained quiet, thinking of something.