SAY YES.

"HELL NO, you look like a whole bird, flock the hell outta here

"HELL NO, you look like a whole bird, flock the hell outta here. NEXT!" Rolling my eyes at Briana huffing as the stressed worker helped lift my dress, we returned back to the dressing room. My Mom, Momma Sonia, Briana and Ella came with me to my dress appointment and at this point, I was walking down that aisle naked. It was either ugly as hell, too sexy, or old too old ladyish with these people.

"Jhene what exactly do you want?"

"I just want something sexy, yet classy, just some bad bitch shit ya know?" Looking over at the thirty dresses I've tried on handing on the rack in my dressing room, I looked back over at Nicole as she held her finger on her chin periodically tapping it.

"Hold up, I think I might have something." Logging into my shops security cameras, seeing everything was running smoothly I looked up and pouted my lips intrigued as Nicole walked over to the railing with this red velvet cover over a dress, hanging it on the rack. "I want to warn you before you even see the dress ... it's alittle spensy. It's a limited addition, meaning there is only one dress like this on this earth, and it's on your rack."

Standing up walking over to the dress placing my hands on the zipper, I looked over at Nicole quickly as I zipped it down instantly opening my mouth in shock. Running my hands over the jewels placed on the rim of the dress, I instantly felt a warm feeling come over me which I didn't experience seeing any of the other dresses.

"This is the one."

Walking around the corner into the special room, conversations instantly fell silent as I stepped onto the mini stage circle thing in the center of the room. Looking into the mirror seeing the reactions, I instantly began crying feeling even more at peace with knowing this was the one.

"Jhene you look absolutely beautiful, oh my god

"Jhene you look absolutely beautiful, oh my god. My son is really blessed like, oh my gosh." Nodding my head thanking her as Momma Sonia used her thumb to wipe her tears, I turned my attention over to my Mom as she fought off the tears. "Ain't ya daughter beautiful?"

"Baby, you are so beautiful. That is one lucky man, this is the one. I can wait to see you walk down that aisle, oh my gosh I didn't wanna cry." Lightly laughing as my Mom snatched a few tissues from the box placed in front of her huffing, I looked towards Ella and Briana as they admired the dress while smiling up at me.

"What yall think?" Looking over at Ella's phone as she flipped it around, showing Chyna on the phone I instantly smiled seeing my best friend right here virtually, even though she wasn't able to be here physically due to her not feeling so good.

"SAY YES TO THE DRESS BITCHHHH!" They screamed in unison as I placed my hands over my mouth smiling looking back over at the mirror, looking over the dress once more.

"I'm saying yes, to this sexy ass dress."

...

"Mom you are lying?" I laughed aloud as we walked out of the movie theater, heading towards our cars parked beside each other. After I purchased the dress and took my Mom by the shop to see how things were going, we decided to go see a movie just to pass some time.

"When I first met David I kicked his ass to the curb, I heard about them Ques and I wanted no parts. Not boutta be flicking his tongue over here, and he had light eyes. Whew, the devil himself." Shaking my head as I walked up to her Jeep peaking inside her trunk again, I turned around seeing her mugging me causing me to quickly step away laughing. "Jhene if you check that trunk one more time, I'ma put you in it."

Even though Jeremiah claims he wouldn't try to see my dress, I don't trust his ass one bit. So I decided to have my Mom keep it at her house until my wedding, so there's no way Jeremiah's sneaky ass can get any peeks before the wedding.

"Alright alright sorry." Looking over at my Mom as she nervously played with her keys, I leaned against my car trying to figure out why she was acting so strange all of a sudden. "You okay?" Looking up at me with a weak smile, she began nodding leaning across from me on her car.

"Yeah I uh... gotta talk to you about something. When's the last time you spoke to your Dad?"

Taken back by her question, I thought back to the last time we spoke slightly cringing just thinking about our last words.

Don't call me.

Don't reach out to me.

Don't send no fucking messenger.

"Uhhh a few months ago... I don't know why?" Becoming defensive seeing the concern in her eyes, I went against saying anything actually curious to what she had to say.

"He reached out to me Jhene. Somehow he got in contact with my firm and you know more than anybody how much I hate that man, but for him to even attempt to reach out... I knew it was serious. He's dying Jhene." Grabbing my keys from out of my bag turning to get in my car completely done with this conversation, I stopped as soon as I felt her grip my forearm. "Just let me finish Jhene okay." Looking up at her seeing the worry that was in her eyes, I nodded my head leaning back up against my car.

"He was diagnosed with three types of Cancer's last month, all stage four... but his stubborn ass wasn't doing what the doctors were telling him to. He's in the hospital, right now and all they're doing is making sure he's comfortable for the time being but... I think you know what I'm saying here Jhene."

"What this gotta do with me?" Tightening her lips at my coldness, she gently placed her hands on my shoulders looking me directly in the eyes as I attempted to keep a cold expression upon my face.

"Jhene I think you should go see him. I don't want you to be regretful yea-"

"No."

"Jhene I know what you're thinking right now, Fuck him, he can die right now for all I are, all of that and you have EVERY right to feel that way. But princess, you can not enter this marriage with holding this anger in your heart. You are setting yourself up for a disaster princess. You must release this." Mentally shutting down from the loads of emotions that was going through my body, I nodded my head pulling her into a quick hug before turning around opening my door.

"Call me when you get home. Okay?" Looking over at my Mom as she slowly nodded, I watched as she got in her car looking back over at me mouthing I love you Jhene, before she pulled out of the parking spot leaving me to sit in my car drifting off in my thoughts.