Bright Like A Diamond.

"While you were MIA, I've been stress myself out doing your job."

"Ok number one, I'm gonna need you to talk to me how I'm talking to you. With respect. Two, I asked you if you could handle it over Thanksgiving and what did you say?" Waiting for Tae to response, he just rolled his eyes reaching in his laptop bag grabbing a pack of papers placing them in front of me.

"These are the orders coming in, compared to the amount of hair we get every month." Our site was doing really good, great actually, but having our items always sold out wasn't good for business. It was starting to become more stressful then fun, like it was in the beginning.

"I'm stressed the fuck out."

"Look, we need more help like on some real shit. It's either you hire some help, or this shit flops." Nodding, I returned to eating my fruit salad too stressed to even come up with a decision right now. I wanted to continue this hairline, but I wasn't at the point financially to expand. Do I really want to continue running this site from my apartment, with people running around my house sending out orders and recording numbers. I'd rather focus on my shop honestly.

"I'm gonna go and sleep on it, I'll call you tomorrow and we can come to a decision."

"You really wanna stop ya bag girl?" Chyna saidas we walked towards PINK, ignoring the attention we were getting from these dusty ass dudes leaning against the wall.

"Girl it's too much, I literally have no help and it's becoming too much

"Girl it's too much, I literally have no help and it's becoming too much. I think for right now, I needa focus on building up my bread. I already found a hair salon that hit me up after my shoot with Jayda and Ari, maybe I can get a chair." I shrugged looking through the lip glosses, cause I can never go to the mall and not buy some lip gloss. 

"I get what you saying, but I'm not tryna be doing nails in that bitches shop all my life. I wanna be doing Beyoncé's nails and shit ya know?"

"I hear you girl."

We were both out here just trynna make a name for ourselves.

At a time like this I could really use some wise advice, but I really have nobody to reach out to and ask. Feeling my phone vibrate, I reached in my back pocket looking down at my screen.

Momma Sonia 😌

15 IMAGES

Hey girly!

Just wanted to send you some pictures from Thanks giving and see how you doin?

(And a few of baby J, I swore I'd never send but ehh who cares.)

MOMMA SONIA !

Jeremiah is gonna get you! But im doin pretty good just stressed.

STRESSED??! Im gonna call you

Your too beautiful to be stressed girly.

Smiling down at my phone, I instantly regretted opening the door to have a conversation. I always try to avoid getting close to older people, because I can't handle losing people. I remember when I lost my high school art teacher, Ms. Brown, it nearly broke me. She was one of the people who saw the talent in me when I didn't even see it in myself. When she died, that was my last ounce of guidance.

"I'm hungry as shit, let's go to Chipotle I think Dean's sexy ass works there." Chyna laughed, grabbing my wrist pulling me out the store as I tossed the lip gloss in my hand on the panties table.

...

"Hey is Angel here?" I asked the girl at the front desk, immediately seeing Angel's beautiful ass doing what she does best. Slaying bitches.

When Angel hit me up congratulating my new hair line, I already knew who she was

When Angel hit me up congratulating my new hair line, I already knew who she was. Angel was known for her bad ass makeup looks, and she wasn't over the top expensive. Bright Like A Diamond was a glamorous hair and make up combined salon, but it was mainly known for their makeup stylist.

From the salons Instagram page, I only saw one hair stylist workng there. So you already know what ya girl thought.

"Mhmmm you can have a seat I'll tell her you here." Nodding my head, I took a seat on the couch and went through what I was gonna say over and over again.

"Jhene? Wassup girl, come in the back." Looking up, I see Angel signaling me to follow her into her back room. Standing up thanking the front desk clerk, I made my way through the salon walking into the back room. "What can I do for you sexy?"

"Don't gas me, you the fine one." I rolled my eyes smiling. "Alright ima just say it, can I get a chair? I really need the money, I'm not looking for a lifetime arrangement, just some experience."

"Girl.... YES will you relax, I need alittle extra help anyway. Come tommorow morning so I can show you around and get ya pay shit all together."

"Girl I can't thank you enough."

Tae (theplug) 💁🏾‍♀️

you were right