Bonnie And Clyde.

"Jeremiah maybe we should go."

"Mcht. Jhene we already rung the door bell, we good aight. Just get the paper and we out." Quickly nodding my head, I shoved my hands in my black sweatpants pockets. I hate A LOT of things about coming back to Chicago, and this damn cold is one of them. I can't feel my damn lips.

Jeremiah and I looked like Bonnie and Clyde, he claimed he wanted to send a message with our attire. He wore a black bubble coat, with black sweatpants, black timbs and a black skully. I matched his entire fit except them damn timbs, alittle dramatic if you ask me. So I went with my black sparkly Uggs.

Hearing the red door in front of us unlock, there stood a surprised Jayda standing behind the screen door

Hearing the red door in front of us unlock, there stood a surprised Jayda standing behind the screen door. She wore her hair in a slick low bun, as usual, and a purple velour sweat suit.

"You finna let us in or?" Pinching Jeremiah in his side, I quickly stepped in front of him sending a fake smile to Jayda. I swear he doesn't know how to talk to people.

"Can we come in?" Looking from me to Jeremiah, Jayda apprehensively held the screen door open allowing us to step inside. As my foot landed on the cream carpet, I instantly began to feel my soul sinking in. Despite the new carpet, everything was pretty much the same. Soon as you walk in, your flooded with frames of the family. Kitchen to your right, stairs in front of you, and family room to your left.

"You guys can follow me into the main area." Jeremiah followed behind her as I slowly followed, taking in the pictures hanging on the wall.

Dad and Mom.

Dad and Jayda.

Mom and Jayda.

Jayda's high school graduation.

Jayda's college graduation.

Jayda, Jayda and more Jayda.

Shaking the feel of pain out of my head, I headed towards the family room seeing Jeremiah looking through one of the photo albums that were placed on the coffee table. Quickly walking towards him, I snatched the book from his hands holding it to my chest.

"Jhene lemme look." Jeremiah laughed trying to take the book back, as I dodged his grabs. I didn't know what ugly pictures of me have been saved, or if any were, but we sure as hell wasn't about to find out.

"Gotta be quicker than that."

Hearing a voice clear, I turned around seeing my Dad standing in the doorframe admiring me. Placing the book in Jeremiah's lap, I awkwardly stood there not knowing how to greet my own father.

"Ne-ne. Is that you?" Cringing at that nickname, I attempted to step forward but my feet refused to move. Slowly walking towards me, my Dad wrapped his arms tightly around me and I instantly felt his heartbeat speed up. "My baby is home." Feeling myself began to weaken, I quickly stiffened up loosening the hug.