Look At You Now.

"Look at you all dressed up with a stick up ya ass and shit, I see you finally stopped dressing like a damn gardener." I stood by Monica's office door chewing my nail confused as hell, they've been chopping it up for the last fifteen minutes and I have yet to know how these two know each other.

"Uhhh excuse me, what exactly is going on?"

"Remember when I was dancing my junior year, and I started going to those classes in the community center about self love. She's the one that was telling me I could be so much more than the pole, Maple. But I guess her name Monica now, but she will forever be Maple to me fuck dat."

Thinking to myself for a few minutes, I vaguely remembered due to Chyna keeping me in the dark during the period she was dancing. Not only was she embarrassed about it, she was also being judged by the entire school when someone unknowingly found out about it. She danced for about a year, from what she told me but I honestly don't know. I never even seen her, just them tricks she be showing me that I still use to this day.

"And look at you now, doing ya shit like I told you, you would."

"Yeah yeah, but I'ma be outside and let yall talk. I just wanted to make sure my girl wasn't coming to see no creep. Holla if you need me Jhene. Byeee Maple." Rolling my eyes at Chyna's goofy ass, I watched through the glass doors as she made her was over to the vending machine.

Looking back over at Monica, she admired me from her desk appearing to be thinking about what she wanted to say.

Because of the hat she was wearing at the funeral, I wasn't able to really be able to see her full face but I have a full view today. Her light brown hair, reflected off her almond shaped hazel eyes; she had a sharp jawline with strong cheekbones.

She was absolutely beautiful.

"Have a seat Jhene. Please." Nodding my head, I slowly made my way over to her desk taking a seat across from her placing my black Michael Kors purse under the chair. "I want to thank you again for coming to see me, clearly we weren't able to talk on our official introduction, but I'm glad you're sitting before me right now."

"Yeah. So uh... why exactly did you want to see me Ms. Monica." slowly standing up from the table, Monica walked over to her office window lightly biting her nail staring into space.

"Can I tell you a story Ms. Jhene? If only you have the time?" Turning around looking at me with tears in her eyes, I slowly nodded my head looking down at my white ripped jeans. "There was this young, guarded girl. Now she wasn't guarded because she was broken, she was guarded from what she's seen, witnessed, experienced... growing up with two older sisters. Even though she got the attention, she wanted absolutely no love for these little boys. She had a clear understanding that boys bring nothing but confusion and turmoil. You couldn't even get close to her, look all ya want, but ain't a single soul could eva say they was in that."

Lightly chuckling, I shook my head sort of being reminded of how I was in high school. I was always that pretty girl that no nigga could ever say he had, I was too mature to be fooling with them lil boys.

"That was until she met her high school sweet heart. Tall, chocolate, just fine all together. No matter how hard she tried to run from that connection... it was just too strong. The only thing that ever stood in between their relationship, was his parents. His parents hated her, despised her, they would never allow anyone of her class to ever be involved with their privileged son. His father was a police officer, and his mother was one of the biggest lawyer's in Chicago... they had money money. Despite all that, they dated throughout high school, even made it to their second year at Saint Xavier University. Then she got pregnant."

Hearing her mention daughter caused me to began feeling alittle uneasy, making me uncomfortably shift in my seat.

"She was scared, ashamed, and just knew that he would want to get ride out. But she was wrong, that child growing in her stomach brought them closer than they have ever been. Few months later, they welcomed their beautiful baby girl into this world. It was all happy and beautiful, until life hit them. While he was in school, following his dreams, making a name for himself, she was forced to drop out. After being a mother, her family completely cutting her off, her future was ruined finally set in.... she felt lonely. Just her, her thoughts, and that little girl who needed a mother. But how can she love somebody, when she didn't even love ya damn self?"

Nodding me head, I discreetly whipped the tear that ran down my cheek as I felt everything she was saying.

"So, she came in contact with the only thing that can block her thoughts from taking over her mind. A one time thing, turned into every morning, two times a day, to every few ours. He was supposed to be ride or die, he saw she was struggling, saw she needed help, but he wanted nothing to do with a fucking drug addict. So they took her, they took HER BABY. And with the power of his ruthless mother, she had every intention on breaking her. They took the baby away from out her arms, no visits, no phone calls, no birthdays, no holidays, nothing. He took her child, her baby, away from her. She got clean, got herself together, but the deeds were already done. His mother put false reports on her record, that were so treacherous... she'd never be able to see those beautiful almond shaped eyes ever again."

Remembering what Jeremiah said about our resemblance, I was a little taken back by that last comment. I wanted to connect the dots, but I was trying to hear her story out first.

"But one thing about Monica Stockton, she don't take no shit lying down."

"Wait... wha-..."

"I have given back go my community, helped young woman who were where I was. I got my degree, no help, no support, I did that on my own. This firm, I built it from scratch.."

"Monic-..."

"I'm tired of being a victim, I'm tired of people taking shit from me. Jhene... I'm your Mom."

🖤

I want to thank you all for supporting my work & continuing to stay involved. I am only addressing this once. Every character in my story, I CHOSE. Why? BECAUSE I SUPPORT THEM, as social media figures & artist. This is my story, my ideas, and my vision. Any negative comments will be deleted, and Ima just pray for you.