Chapter 6 - New beginnings

( The above picture is the dress of Anika which she is wearing )

The next morning was really pleasent in Singhania Sadan. But why? No one knows let's see what's happening.

Akshara was coming to the kitchen to prepare breakfast but to her surprise the breakfast was already ready. She assumes that Maharaji must have cooked the breakfast. So she decides to go to the temple room to light the Diya but to her surprise the diya was already lit. She was suprised. She sees her daughter in law Keerthi coming dressed up in a saree and wishing her good morning.

She wishes her back and blesses her. She asks her whether she lit the diya but to her surprise her daughter in law says that she has not lit the lamp because she is just now coming out of the room. They remain suprised. Just then Naira comes down and wishes them good morning and asks them why are they so surprised.

Keerthi then explains the whole situation to her. Akshara then thinks that maybe Anika must have done it but then Naira tells her that Anika stopped doing all these things seven years back. Akshara then asks her to keep quiet and tells her not to talk nonsense things in front of her. By then the other family member comes for breakfast.

Ignoring their suspicions the ladies go to serve for breakfast. The breakfast included delicious items like kachori, samosas, paranthas and one special item aloo poori. Naira's eyes water seeing it. Naksh asks about Anika then Naira tells them that Anika is still sleeping but in reality she knows that Anika must have cried herself to sleep but doesn't know why.

Keerti serves them breakfast but then they hear a throat clearing. All of them turn towards the source of voice and see that it's Suhasini Goenka standing with Shivaay Singh Oberoi. All of the family members are shocked. Suhasini then apologizes for disturbing. Naira and then runs to Shivaay and hugs him saying Bhai. Naksh and Keerti eyes widen hearing her say that and think that Shivaay may burst on her but to their surprise he remains calm and hugs her back.

Akshara invites them for breakfast and they too sit for breakfast with the family members. Just then Anika comes from the kitchen and asks how is the breakfast and babbling that she has prepared with so much love and none of them are saying anything. Oblivious to her that Shivaay and Suhasini were present there.

The family were in a state of shock seeing her like this. Akshara becomes emotional seeing her like this. Keerti smiles seeing Anika while Naira runs to Anika hugging her and says Didu I missed you too much. Anika kisses her forehead and says that I also missed you chipkali.

Suhasini and Shivaay were in a state of confusion. Naira sits next to Shivaay. Anika then notices Shivaay and Suhasini. She smiles at Suhasini and takes her blessings while she glares at Shivaay. Shivaay also returns her glare. Then all begin their breakfast and all of them except for Shivaay sits and finishes his food with an emotional expression. All compliment Anika for her food except Shivaay who stares at her with a clenched jaw.

Shivaay then gets a call so he excuses himself and goes out to attend his call. Anika then finishes her breakfast and tells that now she will take her leave because she has to go to the NGO because today there is a small celebration there. Suhasini then proceeds to talk with Keerthi and tells her that she wants catch up on the years she missed.

Anika comes down wearing a white floral dress with round earings. As soon as she comes down she tells her mom that she will leave now. Just then Shivaay enters and tells Dadi that there is an important meeting in the office. Dadi tells everyone that they will also leave as she has to go to temple now.

Anika then goes to her scooty. She has to start her scooter. Just then she catches Shivaay staring at her intensely and his gaze was full of anger directed towards her. She too glares back at him. Just then Suhasini enters and asks Shivvay whether they can leave and they leave and Anika sees them going away.

Here inside the house Natik hugs Akshara and kisses her forehead. He says that he knows what she is thinking. Akshara says she is happy that she saw her Anika's old behavior reflecting in her. Naksh joins them saying that after coming from UK her behavior was very different and as a brother he could feel that there was something wrong with her. Though she used to smile for the family members her eyes showed some kind of pain but today he is happy that she becoming how she is before. They share a family hug.

Akshara then sees Anika driving off towards her NGO. Meanwhile in Naira's room we see Naira getting ready for her final year in law college. Today was her final year's first day. She wears a black ripped jeans with a plain white top. She then sees Anika's pinky note on the mirror. It said

Meri pyaari behena aur Meri chipkali, today is your first day na so wish you all the best plz iss saal toh jhagda mat karna apni sherni avatar thoda kam dhikana.. all the very best!!
                            -teri pyari didu Anika-

Naira smiles and says that she is very happy because today she saw her cheerful sister back. She then realises she is late and gets ready for college and she bids bye to her parents and goes off to her college.

Anika on her stops by a cafe by the name Bistro Cafe to buy a cake for the NGO kids. She gives her order and waits to receive the cake. Just then she receives a call from someone and excuses herself to talk. But after attending her call she dashes a person who was drinking coffee. The person mutters profanities and upon seeing her he glares at her hard.

Anika too sees him and glares at him but since it was her mistake she mutters sorry and excuses herself to go since her order was ready. But then the person grabs her arm and makes her face him. She tells calmly please leave my arm Shivaay and tries to remove her arm from his grasp.

Shivaay - " lagta hai tum bahut jaldi hi apne ateet se aage badh rahi ho maana padega aur akhir daar tumne apna middle class aukat dikha di na"

Anika ( glares at him) - " Aapko kya main kuch bhi karo main move on karo ya na karo apko koi fark nahi padna chahiye. Or haa maine move on karliya I mean main hamesha thodi apni past main reh sakti hoon"

Shivaay - "I promise you Anika iss bar jaane de raha hoon next time tum mili na tumhari  zindagi ko barbaad kardunga. Or tumhe move on karne nahi doonga"

Anika - "who are you to me to tell you will not let me move on ? Listen I have moved on and from now onwards only I won't see you or your shadow. And one more thing being with you makes me ashamed of myself and I can't stay with you even for a minute. "

Anika then pushes him off and takes her order and goes towards the NGO while Shivaay sees her going. One thing was for sure today his manly ego was hurt and hurting a man's ego is never a good sign. Shivaay leaves the cafe in the anger while the other people stare at him going off.

Anika then reaches the NGO. As soon as the kids see her they come to hug her. Anika too hugs the kid back. She then gives the cake to the kids and they all thank her and savour it happily.

She then goes to meet the Miss Martha the caretaker of the NGO. She sees that Miss Martha was worried. She greets her and asks her what the matter was. Then Miss Martha replies her that they are under debt and they have to vacate the land within a week and she doesn't know what to do.

Anika assures her everything would be alright and tells her not to worry. She will help her out of as much as she can. She asks how much money is needed? Martha replies that they need to give 50 lakhs to the owner. Anika thinks to arrange the money somehow.