Chapter 5 - What is Anika's Reality?

Anika walks away from Shivaay angered by his accusations. Shivaay too walks away in the opposite direction angry on her for rejecting his money. Anika goes near her scooty and waits for Naira to come so that they can go home.

Naira comes to her and says that all the family members have gone home. Anika nods and says we can go home. Naira tells she wants to drive but Anika denies and says she will drive. Naira makes faces at her. Anika gives her the helmet and she too wears her helmet and they both drive off.  Unknown to them they are watched by Suhasini Goenka.

Shivaay comes upto his granny and asks why was she watching the girls like that. She tells him that in the elder sister's eyes she has found some pain that she is trying to hide and it was as if she is hiding her reality and the younger sister she is too pure for the dark world. Shivaay clenches his fist and says to her that she is thinking too much and it's all because of her tv serials. Shivaay pecks her forehead and says her to go home with the driver and that both he and Karthik will be late. Suhasini thinks that her intuition about Anika may be little true and her grandson should learn to trust girls because all girls are not the same. Karthik and Shivaay sit in the car and drive off to some unknown location.

In the middle of an empty road Anika was driving her scooty and her eyes glistening with tears which she was trying to blink. Suddenly the scooty comes into a halt. Making both the girls jerk front. Naira gets down and sees that the back tyre was punctured. Naira curses that the scooty and says now only this scooty had to go on his hibernating mode. Anika who was lost in some thought upon realising her scooty was punctured parks in the side of the road and both wait impatiently to see a sign of another vehicle in this empty road. 

Naira checks her phone for any signal but unfortunately there's none. Anika sees that there's no one in this empty road. Anika tells it's better we walk little god knows we may get a signal or some vehicle may pass by. After waiting for fifteen minutes they see a car passing by. It was a Jeep in which four drunk teenagers were present and were drinking also. Naira waves for a lift before Anika could say anything.

Those boys on seeing them start eve teasing Naira and start holding her duppatta. Naira struggles to release her duppatta from their clutch. Anika intervenes and says that they can go in their way and there is no need of any lift. But the boys remain admant.
Both the girls try to fight the boys but are unsuccessful because of the majority. Anika in a fit of anger slaps one of the boys who tries to misbehave with Naira. Anika shouts at Naira to run and ask for help while she tries to fight them alone. Naira bites one boy's hand and runs away to ask for help.

Anika tries to fight alone but trips when a boy pushes her with full force and she trips on a rock and falls down. One boy maybe leader of that group comes to touch Anika from back that  is trying to touch her deep slit kurta. One hand stops him from doing so and twists his hand and pushes him off and another man joins the man and fights him off. Naira comes and hugs Anika and helps her get up. Anika tells her she's okay and not to worry.

Naira then introduces her to the men as Mr Shivaay Singh Oberoi and Mr Karthik Goenka were the ones who saved us. They offer to drop them home before Anika could tell anything Naira drags her to the car. All of them sit in the car and drive towards Singhania Sadan. Shivaay in the driver seat while the girls at the back and Karthik next to Shivaay.

They talk little bit in the car mostly it was Karthik and Naira who were engaged in their tom and Jerry fights while Anika was looking outside the window and Shivaay was quietly driving. Shivaay looked at Anika through the mirror and when their eyes locked they glared at each other with hate and both looked away. Finally the car stopped near Singhania Sadan.

All of them get out of the car while Naira thanks Shivaay and addresses him as Bhai which made him remember Keerthi. Anika glares at her to keep quiet. Naira then apologizes to him saying that she was sorry if he felt uncomfortable. Shivaay says it's ok and she can call him as Bhai. Naira then shows tongue at her to which Karthik laughs and Naira glares at him. Anika then thanks Karthik and Mr Oberoi and they both go home. Shivaay keeps staring at her going inside and she too looks back and their eyes meet. Anika looks away and they both go inside while Shivaay opens his bottle and starts to drink while Karthik drives towards home.

Both Naira and Anika go inside. Luckily everyone were sleeping. They both go to their respective rooms. Naira goes to her room and feels that her sister is very sad today don't know why and thinks she should go check up on her. She changes into her night wear and goes to Anika's room.

While Anika also changes to her nightwear and goes to keep her dress in the cupboard. While keeping her dress a diary with a lock falls near her feet. She picks up the diary and just keeps staring at it. She hears footsteps near by so she keeps the diary inside and locks her cupboard.

Naira's voice startles her and she turns towards her sister. Naira tells her that - " aap phirse uski baare mein soch rahe ho na. Main nahi jaanti Kya hua di par sirf itna janti hoon jab se aap aye ho na ap mere Anika didu nahi ho aap koi aur ho. Please meri anika di ko wapas Lao" she bursts out in tears and goes to her room.

Anika locks her room door and takes out a copper box from her cupboard and opens a copper box from it. She then takes it towards her bed and finally opens the box.

It was a copper key. She holds the key close to herself and cries out. She feels defeated. She talks to herself - " aaj tak Maine iss chabi ko bahar nahi nikala tha. Iss chabi se judi har yaad ko chupaya hain sab se par aaj majburan ye mere haath or yaddon mein hai. Par ab bas main ek nayi shuruvat karoongi. Naira chahti hain ki main iski purani anika didu banu to theek hai main wahi banoogi ".

She then decides to lock away the memories forever in a deep corner of her heart. She then collects all her old memories which was in the cupboard and locks it away and promises never to open it again. She wipes her tears and goes to sleep.