Chapter 11: Past Actions V/s Future Actions

Anika looked at her watch. It was half past ten and still her little sister hadn't returned home. She looked at her daughter Ruhi who slept waiting for her Maasi. She was worried that her sister had not yet returned home. She takes out her phone to call her but the call did not connect. Her parents had also asked about Naira's absence on dinner. But she had lied to her parents and brushed it off saying that Naira was staying over at a friend's house for a college project. She decided to sit and wait till she returns home.

Meanwhile at the place where Naira was kidnapped and was brought before the boss.She became shocked to see the person. It was Karthik freaking Goenka. She was puzzled and confused about what he was doing here. Karthik looks at her puzzled face and smiles at her.

Naira looks at him and stammers and asks him why is she here? He asks her to keep quiet and follow him. She is confused but still follows him. But she keeps thinking whatever in hell was Karthik's connection to this dead man and these weirdly dangerous goons calling him the boss.

Karthik leads her to an dark room which was covered with curtains on all sides. He then looks at her confused expression. He smiles at her and asks her to sit down on the chair. She sits down and wait for him to speak.  She is about to ask something just then interrupts her and says he knows what she wants to ask. He tells her that she wants to know what his connection to all the things. Naira nods in a yes. He tells her that he will answer all her questions in time. But first he will tell her a small story.

A/N : { The next part of story will be written in bold because it will be of great importance in the upcoming chapters }

K : Aise toh mat dekho mujhe. Sabar karo waqt aane par sab pata chal jayega

N : I'm sorry Mr Goenka. Par mujhe ghar jana hai. My family must be waiting.

K : Accha...leave all that. Mere sawal ka jawab do aur meri kahani suno.

N : Kaisa sawal? Jo bhi hai jaldi puchiye. Mujhe dair ho rahi hai.

K : Tumhare liye kya important hai pyaar ya dosti?

N : Nahi bata sakti. Dono ke apne apne jaga hoti hai. Batana mushkil hai.

K : Kabhi dhoka khaya hai tumne?

N : Nahi.

K : Toh suno meri kahani.

       Ek ladka tha uska ek dost tha. Woh dono bachpan se ek dusre ke bahut ache dost the. Waqt guzra aur unki dosti ek sachi dosti mein badal gayi. Kafi khush the woh ek dusre se. Aur thoda time baad aur ek ladka aaya aur un dono ka dost ban gaya. Aur waqt guzarta gaya woh dusra ladka aur yeh ladki paas agayi. Kuch waqt baad uss ladki apne bachpan ke dost ko us naye dost ke liye chod diya.

So ab batao yeh moral of the story kya hain?

N : Ki us ladki ne apne dost ka bharosa tod diya aur us dusre ladke ke liye sab kuch thukra diya. Aur yeh galat hain.

K : Very nice.. Tumhare jo sawal hain na uska jawab woh parde ke peeche hain.

Naira looks at his face and then goes to open the curtain. She opens the curtain and her eyes widen in shock seeing behind the curtain. Her eyes start being teary and she attempts to run away. She reaches the door and finds it locked. She continues banging the door and pleading for someone to open. She then finds it difficult to look at Karthik.

He then grabs her by the arm and shows her some things like old chocolate papers, roses, children's drawing book, greeting card,scrap book,etc He drags her from one corner of the room to another where all these things were kept. He keeps asking her whether she recognises them. Naira is crying unable to answer his questions.