Chapter 12 - The Engagement of Vengeance

Anika is just frozen on her spot. It feels like she's just blank and has no clue about what she wants to do next. One thing she knows is that she can't let Shivaay catch her red handed at any cost. If she is caught then she is done for good and who knows what that angry man will do. Anika then hides behind the curtain in the nick of time.

Shivaay enters the room talking on the phone and as usual shouting orders. He looks at his engagement attire placed on the bed. He wishes all these rituals should be completed fast. All of this is not his cup of tea and it irks him. He takes his attire and goes to the bathroom to get ready for the event.

Anika smiles at this opportunity and slowly escapes before Shivaay could come out. She takes a deep breath and talks to herself that she should complete the work later and can't risk getting caught. She goes out of the room and joins her family downstairs.

In the meanwhile Shivaay and Karthik join the family for the ceremony. Anika looks at all the extravagant preparations and it gets on her nerves. She starts feeling overwhelmed by everything that is happening. It feels like time is slipping away from her hand and she is helpless. The sole reason of all this is  "The Great Wall Of Shivaay Singh Oberoi".

Right now she doesn't want to be associated in any way near him. But alas nothing happens according to her wishes. Shivaay is made to sit next to her. He gives a smug look to her saying that he's the winning person here who managed to get her engaged with him which infuriates her to no end.

She takes a deep breath here. All she needs is one chance to carry out her plan. Then all these would be stopped.

She had rather be with Ruhi than be here in this stupid engagement. Thinking of Ruhi she feels guilty, her little one must waiting for her at home while she's getting engaged without having her daughter with him.

Shivaay and Anika are made to exchange rings. They both look into each other eyes. Anika has a gaze of anger and guilt on her face while he looks at her with a gaze that can't be comphrended. She looks at the happy faces of her family. The only question that is eating her up is will this be the same after she executes her plan?

The waiter comes and serves beverage to the newly engaged couple. While Shivaay chooses a glass champagne for himself, Anika for an orange juice. Anika looks uninterested here. Anika looks at the glass of beverage in her hand and an idea sparks her.

She then proceeds to walk towards her family where her cousins are laughing and joking around. Just as she approaches them she stumbles because of her heels and drops juice on her lehenga. Akshara sees this and scolds her daughter for her clumsiness and asks her to clean up herself before her dress gets stained.

Swarna notices this interaction between the mother and daughter duo and motions Shivaay to guide Anika to the washroom to get herself cleaned up. Shivaay glares at her who immediately looks the other way. Just then when they are about to go Shivaay is called by Karthik to meet with a business partner. Anika then tells Swarna that it's fine and she will go by herself to get cleaned. Anika goes up towards the staircase while Shivaay looks at her retreating back.

Naira is present in the engagement but she's not herself. She's lost in her own thoughts. She's really happy for her sister and her Shivaay Bhai. I guess they are made for each other. She looks at Karthik talking to a business partner. She does not know what to even tell.

She just can't be here.  She walks away to the garden. She looks at the swing there. She just processes things that happened in the past 24 hours. She's made mistakes that is true. But she did not mean to do it. She did not mean to push him away. She wants own up to her faults she feels stuck. Karthik who had come out for a breath of fresh air looks at an lost Naira seated on the swing and walks away. He knew he can't tolerate her anymore. He can't bear the sight of her.

Anika in meanwhile reaches Shivaay's room and begins going through his study. She rummages each and every drawer for it. She does not care but she needs to find the papers at any cost. The papers are the key to her freedom. If the papers are in her hand all these show off she's been doing would be stopped.

After much search she gets exhausted still clueless where would be kept. What a sneaky little devil Mr Oberoi is! Just as she proceeds she hears a voice - " Kya kar Rahi ho tum yaha?". Her eyes widen up like saucers and she's shocked. Damn has she been caught?

Nervous about consequences she turn around to see the person. It was Yuvi. She breathes in relief thinking it's not any one from the Oberoi family. She glares at Yuvi and informs him that she was cleaning her dress in a rude tone and walk out. Yuvi feels hurt at her tone, composes himself and walks out.

Shivaay who had come in search of Anika looks at both of them coming out one after the other gets pissed. He comes towards them smiles at Yuvi and takes holds of Anika's hand and drags her with him.

The family clicks pictures with each other. Both Anika and Shivaay wish this so called drama could be done for good. Anika gives it a thought if someone told her 5 years ago she would be getting married she would've been so excited planning each and everything.

The family retired for the day. Anika goes into the kitchen to drink cold water. Shivaay too follows her. He startles Anika who is drinking water.

S -  Congratulations Mrs Oberoi. Aakhir AAP hamari ho gayi.

A - ( glares at him) - Lagta aap sapne bahut dekhte hain. Abhi toh sirf roka hua Hain shaadi nahi.

S -Arey woh bhi ho jayega. Don't worry.

He pulls her close to him and kisses her right cheek to rile her up. Anika in a fit of anger stomps on his foot rubs the area harshly where he had kissed and walks off.

Anika goes home with her family. She goes to her room wishing good night to her family. When she comes to her room she is greeted to a beautiful scene. Her Ruhi sleeping with her mouth open.

She goes near Ruhi and kisses her on the forehead. She promises herself she can't let her little one be hurt because of Shivaay's vengeance. She vowed to protect her angel at any cost.

First and foremost task is to break this marriage for good and then to find out Aditya's whereabouts. If Aditya is back everything can go normal. Everything is go complicated now. Looks like present and past is getting mixed up a complicated manner.

She goes to the window and cries. Meanwhile Naira in her room is gazing at the moon. She decides that she needs to apologise to Karthik at any cost. If needed she will beg for his forgiveness.

The next morning both the sisters with different goals in their mind get ready for the day. Anika gets up quickly makes Ruhi ready for school and both of them have breakfast together and leaves. Anika after dropping Ruhi to her school goes towards Oberoi Industries Ltd.

Naira in her college is thinking of many ways to manofy and apologize to Karthik. Who knew Apologizes would to so difficult. Karthik who had come to visit the college as he is the member of the board.

Naira sees Karthik coming in the college. She rushes and calls out to him. Karthik stops and looks at her.

N - I'm sorry Mendak. Jo bhi hua uske liye. Mujhe pata nahi chala ki mere harkate yeh sab tumhe itni takleef pahuchega. Please apni pyaari si dost ko maaf Karo.

Karthik looks at Naira without saying anything.

Meanwhile Anika goes inside Oberoi Industries and asks the receptionist to guide her to Shivaay's cabin. None could deny her after all she was the fiancee of the cold hearted boss.

Anika then on the entering the cabin goes towards his desk and begins searching for the papers. The papers should be here only and not anywhere else. She is busy searching for the papers here and there by rummaging through all the files.

Just the cabin door opens.

Votes Target - 50
Comment Target - 50

Please like,share and comment :)