Chapter 22 - Fight

Assume that the blades in the picture are mare of ice :) And be warned! This chapter will have a lot of media! ^^

This chapter is dedicated to Q-Flux! Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jean pov:

Gravity felt twice as powerful, gluing me to the ground and making it hard to breathe. Goose bumps had erupted on my arms from the icy chill in the air. An invisible pressure hung thickly around us, making me feel incredibly apprehensive. What was this feeling? What was this power??

My arms trembled under the effort I put to push myself up. I grunted as I sat, first looking around to make sure Father, Julian and Elaine were alright, then looking ahead at where Kiana had been standing prior to the blast of energy we had felt.

Kiana was still standing despite the heavy atmosphere. Next to her with an arm wrapped casually around her waist was a tall man with light brown hair reaching past his shoulders. He wore casual but clean attire and I wondered who he was and why Kiana was allowing him to be so close to her. They were looking at the Homunculi and Dante who had expressions of anger and anxiousness. They were barely able to remain standing, clearly affected by the changes as well.

Kiana sighed long and deep and a cloud of mist that escaped from her mouth rose to the sky. I shivered as the cold reached my bones, only increasing when I saw the layer of ice below the feet of Kiana and the man next to her. Then I noticed another thing – instead of holding onto a bladed spear, Kiana held two blue hand fans, the ribs of which were made of ice and extended beyond the fan as razor-sharp blades.

"Yuki no Ouji [Prince of Ice]," she said, her voice intense. "It's been a while since I've seen you like this, Yukio, and you're just as handsome as I remember."

"Thank you, Kii chan," the man responded, his voice smooth and hinting a smile

"Thank you, Kii chan," the man responded, his voice smooth and hinting a smile. "It feels good to be out in this form – confident and ready to take care of anything that's bothering you."

He pulled Kiana closer to himself and I felt a spark of anger. Who was he and why wasn't Kiana doing anything to stop him?? And what?? Kii chan?!

"Jean, what's going on??" asked Julian, bewildered. He couldn't even get up and had just turned his head to look at Kiana.

"I don't know," I answered through gasps. I tried to stand but stumbled, falling to my knees once. When I was standing on trembling legs with the support of a nearby tree, I looked at Kiana again.

"Yukio, can you heal Kyran, please?" Kiana asked, affectionately.

"Of course, Kii chan," came the response. Yukio, as Kiana had called him, let go of her and walked to Kyran, his blue eyes glistening in response to the light, playful smile on his lips. Every step he took left a portion of the ground iced though melted almost soon after. Yukio kneeled next to Kyran and brought a glowing hand over him – seconds later, all his bruises and wounds were healed. On that note, the wound on Kiana's side was healed too. The blood stain on her dress wasn't increasing in size anymore and no blood dripped down to the ground.