Chapter 2 - Dimension Lapse

This chapter is dedicated to Lampe-y! Happy reading! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiana pov:

"I want these clothes to be shifted to that side of the store and the trending ones near the entrance. We're going to have more people flocking to the latest trend so I want them in the spotlight." I instructed to two of my employees.

I had summoned them almost two hours before the actual opening time of the store to rearrange the clothes on display. Spring was fast approaching so we had to shift from comfortable warm winter wear to bright and vividly colored spring wear. The colors in trend for this year were shades of blue and yellow and I had begun subtle introductions of those colors in semi winter wear and a lot of people had already begun to buy those more than the previously displayed winter wear. Accessories and shoes too had been rearranged yesterday prior to leaving the shop since they were quick and easy to do unlike the clothes.

We finished the rearranging just a few minutes before opening time and it wasn't even half an hour before a steady crowd began to flow in and out of the store. I attended to the customers along with the others until lunch time, after which I headed to the photo shoot floor to check on how that was coming along.

"Boss." Yuka san, my personal assistant greeted when she saw me.

The photographers and models greeted me as well and I held up my hand and smiled, silently acknowledging their greeting. Yuka san then held out the writing pad she was holding so I could check the details of the magazine my products would be advertized in, which pages they would be put on and what taglines they would have along with other details that were included in every other branded products advertizing.

"Hmm, most of it looks fine but I think we should be more creative for the tagline. Ask our marketing department to come up with something a little more catchy." I told her and handed the writing pad back to her.

"I'll tell them to change it. Ah, and Boss, I received a phone call about an hour ago from the fabric factory – the fabric you ordered is in stock now." She said.

"That's good. When are they going to deliver it?" I asked while watching the models posing for the camera.

"Actually....that's the problem. They are short on workers today and for the rest of the week. They were wondering if you could send someone to pick it up."

I hummed while nodding my head slowly. "I see....alright, I'll go pick it up myself. I have another errand to run too so I'll leave the shop to you, Yuka san."

"I understand, Boss." She said and I smiled to her before picking up my purse and heading down to the first floor and out of the store.

I walked to the parking lot to where my car was parked – I had decided to drive today because it was a little cloudy and I didn't want to get wet in case it rained. I got into my car and drove out of the parking lot and toward the fabric shop from where I had to pick up the material. However, while I was waiting at a traffic light, a sudden thought occurred to me – I was heading into the northern part of town, the place where Shinji and Hiyori had told me to stay away from.

The disturbance in the air was still lingering though it was much lesser than what it was a week ago. Perhaps it was alright to go there now – I could have sent one of my employees but I wanted to check the material myself because it was imported and very expensive in comparison to the other materials I had used before. I wanted to look over the whole roll of cloth to make sure it wasn't damaged anywhere before paying the money for the order.

As I got closer to the factory, the dark aura got stronger making me feel unsettled and wary. I looked around as I drove, even at the sky, trying to find the source of this eerie reiatsu. I didn't see a Hollow or any other visible source though even though the jitters in my stomach increased by the moment. I took a turn at the next signal and into the smaller road on which the factory was located but I slammed my food on the brake pedal when a person with electric blue hair landed right in front of my car with a loud thud. The ground below him was left as a crater at the impact and I tensed realizing that he was an Arrancar – his reiatsu was dark and powerful and he was carrying a katana at his waist.