Chapter 14 - Proposal

Envy pov:

I kicked open the double doors that opened up to Dante sama's study. As usual, she was sitting next to the window on her big lounge chair with a cup of tea in hand and reading a book like there was nothing in the world that she cared about. But she was far from that – her mind was always running with thoughts of the Philosopher Stone and how she could make us create it for her.

As I stomped up to her, Lust and Gluttony following close behind, she lowered her book and looked at us. Her expression was placid though there was curiosity and the usual sternness swirling in her eyes.

"How many times have I told you not to barge in like that, Envy? Honestly, you're going to break the doors one day." She said though didn't sound bothered in the least.

"I don't have the patience to be delicate." I sneered as I came to a stop a little away from her. "Besides, we've got information that's more important than me barging in here while almost breaking down the precious doors."

"Important information, you say? And what might that be?" She questioned.

"There's this State Alchemist with powers we couldn't comprehend or fight against. That b**** actually forced us to run away because we couldn't win against her!" I yelled, annoyed just thinking about the Glacier Alchemist.

"You couldn't comprehend her powers? What do you mean by that, Envy?" Dante sama pressed.

"What more do I need to explain?! That b**** just threw us off and....!!"

"Envy, I will explain." Lust interrupted, seeing that my temper was causing me to merely curse at that wench and not give enough details for Dante sama to understand. "We had a run in with the Fullmetal and the Glacier Alchemist – the first girl to become a State Alchemist – in Loros City. We weren't able to finish what we started there because of her and interruptions by Scar."

"Are you telling me that her ice alchemy was too strong for you to handle?" Dante sama asked in mild displeasure, and mocking even.

"If she used normal ice alchemy, we could have killed her easily. But her ice alchemy was quite powerful and she could move at inhuman speeds – ones that we couldn't even see or keep up with – and she used fire and wind alchemy techniques as well. We figured that there was something unusual about her so we escaped before she could do anything that jeopardized our survival or mission to create the Philosopher Stone."

Dante sama narrowed her eyes, obviously finding this strange as well. It wasn't normal for a human to have more than one alchemic ability and it was definitely wasn't normal for them to be able to move at speeds that even we Homunculi couldn't keep up with. Besides, there was something ominous about her sword as well....

"That's right....she could also transmute her sword into a bladed staff while using her ice alchemy. It seems she also possessed that b****** Fullmetal's ability too. How is it possible for one pathetic human to have all these powers together?!" I snapped, thoroughly irked by how insignificant I felt because of her unexplainable power.

"A human with multiple alchemic abilities? That is unheard of....even in all the years I have been alive." Dante sama spoke with a frown. "Perhaps there is something unique about her – her blood or her soul. She might prove to be useful to us....that is, if she agrees to serve me. She might be the key to getting the Philosopher Stone without all the trouble that we're going through to get it. Does she have any weakness? Anything at all that you could see?"

"We didn't see anything. We didn't fight her long enough to find that out." Lust answered with a sigh.

"But she does have a weakness....just like the Fullmetal pipsqueak." I said with a malicious grin. "She doesn't want the pathetic people she considers as 'friends' and 'comrades' to get hurt. We can just threaten to kill a few of them and she'll be at our feet, begging us to spare their lives and agreeing to do anything we ask her to do."