Chapter 1081 - 1090

Chapter 1081

A Heavy Price

Huang Xiong was in terror and drenched with sweat. The shadow of death had enshrouded him, leaving him no more courage to bargain with Jiang Chen. When he looked at Jiang Chen's ruthless and indifferent eyes, he felt that he had been absolutely dominated.

"Release them."

Huang Xiong said to those black-clothed men who had been guarding all the villagers. He failed to realize that this action was giving away the last bargaining chip that he had. But he could not be blamed either because he was just too afraid of death. He cherished his life too much. Plus, Jiang Chen's dominance had made his head spin.

But of course, the largest mistake was that he didn't understand Jiang Chen well. He naively thought that given his identity, Jiang Chen wouldn't kill him as long as he released the villagers. He was the sixth master of Huang Family after all; no one in Yan City would have the guts to kill him.

In Jiang Chen's life, there had been countless events of slaugthering. To him, killing was just as common as eating rice. He wouldn't even blink when he killed, especially when he killed his despised enemies. What Huang Xiong did disgusted him so much. Jiang Chen would never forgive those who threatened to hurt the people he knew if he didn't comply. The moment Han Cong ran to his courtyard and told him what happened to Han Village, he had already sentenced Huang Xiong to death in his heart. Even if Huang Xiong agreed to release all the villagers, he and all of his men still needed to die today.

In fact, Huang Xiong still had the power to bargain before he ordered the release of the villagers, because his people were still in control of all the villagers life. Despite the large number of villagers, most of them were very weak. If those experts guarding them decided to attack those villagers, Jiang Chen wouldn't be able to ensure that no one would be injured.

*Hua La...*

The moment they were freed, all the villagers came to Jiang Chen's side under the lead of Han Changling. Han Cong joined the group.

"Chief, are you all alright?"

Han Cong finally had a look of joy.

"We're fine."

Han Changling shook his head and looked at Jiang Chen with eyes filled with worries. He wasn't worried about Jiang Chen's cultivation base as he had witnessed Jiang Chen's terrifying power. Now that even Huang Xiong was no match for him, no one else would be Jiang Chen's opponent.

The thing he was worried about was whether Jiang Chen would kill Huang Xiong. If he really killed him, it would be a declaration of war against the entire Huang Family. Throughout Yan City, there was virtually no one who would dare to kill the Sixth Master of Huang Family. He was sure that their lives wouldn't have any peace once Jiang Chen killed this man.

Even though Jiang Chen was very strong, there was still a large gap between him and Huang Family. One should know that there were Heaven Immortal experts in Huang Family.

"Jiang Chen, I've already released all the villagers. You can let me go now. As long as you release me, I assure you that Huang Family won't trouble you." Huang Xiong said. His tone was nearly pleading.

"Huang Xiong, you should now that there are some mistakes that you shouldn't commit. Once you made it, you'll have to pay a heavy price for it. You can do whatever you want to me, but you chose another way that really disgusted me. From the moment I step into Han Village, your fate has already been decided. You and all of your people's fate have already been decided."

Jiang Chen's face was expressionless. His eyes and his killing intent turned colder and colder, so cold that the others could feel it.

"You... you break your promise! I've already released them..."