Chapter 691 - 700

Chapter 691

Ancient Martial Tower

"Alright, thanks then."

Guo Shao Fei nodded. Since Jiang Chen was so forthright, he didn't want to continue acting polite. He took the Dragon Ginseng and eyed Jiang Chen with grateful eyes before sitting down cross-legged. He began to absorb the Dragon Ginseng and his wounds started to heal. Although there were still a lot of dark souls in the spatial zone, the scariest dark soul had already been eliminated. The remaining dark souls didn't induce fear anymore with Jiang Chen's presence here, so Guo Shao Fei and Big Yellow didn't need to worry about being disturbed while they are in the midst of meditating.

Big Yellow was still feeling tired, but as long as he could absorb the demon soul completely, not only would his drained energy be fully recovered, he would also undergo another huge transformation. His level of grade would advance tremendously, akin to travelling a thousand miles in just one day. Guo Shao Fei was currently at the peak of Eighth Grade Combat Emperor. He only needed one more step to transcend his current grade. He had miraculously escaped death this time. With the Dragon Ginseng's medicinal effect, he would obtain much more benefits other than just merely healing his injuries. He could even push his level of grade to the Ninth Grade Combat Emperor realm. This incident was a blessing in disguise for him.

Jiang Chen looked left and right and saw that there were no other treasures to be found in this spatial zone besides those unpleasantly ruined buildings. There were a lot of dark souls in this spatial zone, but there were no treasures in this area. Thus, Jiang Chen had given up the thought of seeking any treasures here. The darks souls in the vicinity were hiding in the darkness but they didn't dare to appear as they feared Jiang Chen's flames.

Of course, Jiang Chen and Big Yellow hadn't received any rewards after entering this spatial zone, but after they had obtained the demon soul of a Minor Saint grade beast, it was a bountiful harvest for Big Yellow. After completely absorbing it, he could push his grade to the Seventh Grade Demon Emperor. When that time comes, Big Yellow would be powerful enough that no one in the Death Mountain would dare to provoke him. Li Long and Yan Hui had died, Guo Shao Fei and Mo Sang were on their side, the only person who could count as a worthy enemy would be Tan Zhi Bai of the Tan Family. As long as Tan Zhi Bai was still sane, he wouldn't find any trouble for Jiang Chen under this mountain, unless he didn't want to live anymore.

To say it in another manner, the Death Mountain would become their dominion for the following days and they could sweep through anything they wanted.

While Big Yellow and Guo Shao Fei were still in their meditative state, Jiang Chen also sat crossed-leg. To protect the man and the dog duo, he didn't forget to circulate the Dragon Transformation Art to fortify his pool of energy and digest everything that he had refined over this period of time.

A day later, Guo Shao Fei was the first one to awaken. His eyes flashed with a brilliant radiance. His Qi was stronger than before. Under the nourishment of the Dragon Ginseng, he had completely healed in one night's time and was stronger than before. There were layers of golden light halo on his outer body. His Qi indicated that he had reached the very peak of the Eighth Grade Combat Emperor. If he was willing to, he could just simply get to the Ninth Grade.

However, Guo Shao Fei deliberately suppressed his advancement while it was about to make a breakthrough to the Ninth Grade.

"Brother Guo heals very quickly. It seems like you're about to reach the Ninth Grade."

Jiang Chen smiled.

"Yeah, I have obtained huge benefits with junior Jiang's Dragon Ginseng's help, and will immediately reach the Ninth Grade, but I forcefully suppressed the advancement. This is the Death Mountain, if I let my level of grade advance to the Ninth Grade, it would probably cause the sealing formation to reset itself, bringing a calamity upon us. Thus, I have to suppress my level of grade until I am out of the mountain."