367.Awkward Morning

"Coo-oo... Boys?"

Sherlock opened his eyes and glanced up, spotting a confused, but delighted, Mrs Hudson in the doorway of their flat.

He slowly sat up, John laying peacefully asleep on his chest. "Morning..." Grumbled Sherlock to the landlady, who let herself inside and placed a tray of tea and biscuits on the coffee table by the couch.

"Busy night?"

Sherlock gave her a glare before leaning over and grabbing his coat from the floor.

He laid the coat gently over John's exposed body and picked up a biscuit.

"Should I leave?"

"Best before he wakes up." Sherlock said. "You know he'll be scared about people talking."

"I won't tell a soul, Dear. You two look very adorable tangled up together on the couch." She left.

The consulting detective silently ate his biscuit, then picked up his cup of tea and took a sip of it. He placed it neatly where it had been on the tray and laid down on his back, putting his hands on John's sides. He closed his eyes.

Sherlock was brought back to reality sometime later, when John showed signs of waking up.

"John?" The taller man whispered. He trailed his hand over John's back. "John?"

"Mmh... Sherlock." John yawned. He looked up at Sherlock, then laid his head back down on the man's chest. "What time is it, Sher..."

"It's twelve. Mrs Hudson brought us tea."

"Oh," John looked at the tea. He picked up the untouched cup and took a sip, then placed it back down. "It's cold."

"As tea gets when it sits for two hours."

John laid back down. "Sorry, I'm trapping you..." He mumbled tiredly.

Sherlock didn't mind. John felt as weightless as a feather and as comfortable as a warm blanket.

"I should get dressed." Sherlock said.

"Ah..." John slowly sat up. He slipped his arms through the sleeves of Sherlock's coat and put on his boxers.

Sherlock rolled off the couch and put on his robe, then turned to John. He looked him up and down, then took a step toward him. "John, I--"

"Sorry." John interrupted him. "That was very random, last night."

Sherlock frowned. "Yes, it was." He straightened his poster and looked at John again. He looked so adorable-- his hair was all messed up, and he was swimming in Sherlock's oversized jacket. "It's okay."

John looked up at Sherlock. "Huh?"

"I..." Sherlock didn't know how to deal with things like this, but he was trying his best. "I enjoyed it."

The words prompted a gentle smile to spread across John's lips. "Oh?"

Sherlock blushed and turned away. He quickly went to his room.

John watched him, then picked up their clothes. He wandered into the bathroom to toss them into the hamper.

The door opened while he was shutting the hamper, and he turned to see Sherlock, who was in only a robe and carrying a change of clothes. He blushed softly.

"I was just going to take a shower."

"Oh." John stepped aside. "Just putting our clothes away for the next wash."

They stared at each other for a moment. Sherlock was making that, 'Dear gosh, what in the world am I supposed to say next?' face that John loved so much.

They each took a step toward each other, then chuckled softly at how they had done it at the same time.

Sherlock decided to offer some feedback.

"I, er, John," He cleared his throat. "You, uh..."

John looked up at him. Those dark blue eyes sent Sherlock's brilliant mind through a blender. He stammered a bit more, then managed.

"You're immaculate."

The corners of John's lips quirked up into a little smile. "That's the first I've heard that."

Sherlock hid a big smile. "Is it? With someone as amazing as you..."

"Are you flirting with me, Sherlock Holmes?"

"I believe I am, Doctor Watson."

John's little smile grew. He walked to Sherlock.

"Good." John took his hand and looked up at him, then cupped his cheeks and pulled him down for a gentle kiss.

John tilted his head and closed his eyes, and quickly Sherlock did the same. They kissed for awhile, with much love and care, before John pulled away. He sighed softly and smiled at Sherlock.

"I think I could use a bath, too..."

Sherlock smiled.