237.Hunting Him Down

I couldn't resist a few puns...
-----

John was silent as he slowly crept up to the bed he shared with his boyfriend, a ball of snow in his hand and an evil expression on his face. Sherlock didn't have a shirt on and was sleeping in boxers, so no doubt the cold would sting him.

He threw the snowball at Sherlock's face, then ran out, going outside. He was already dressed for the cold weather so he didn't need to get dressed like Sherlock would. John picked up some more snow with his gloved hands and ran out to the park, where there was a snow fort he built with Rosamund and her friends. He knelt down, looking at what they got.

Sherlock came out minutes later, looking around. He had gotten dressed and put on his gloves, coat, and scarf, he was ready to take John down.

"Come out, come out wherever you are, Darrrling." He purred, picking up snow from the ground and packing it together into a snowball. Out of nowhere, another one hit his face. He looked around and saw the footprints John left behind. He quickly followed them and found himself at a park. He stepped closer cautiously, holding his snowball.

Another one came flying at him and hit his chest. He observed the angle where it came from and could follow it to the snow fort.

"Show your face, John Watson." He demanded, holding up the snowball. He heard giggles of Rosamund and her friends.

"I think you have it all wrong." John said, confident he wouldn't get hit. "Turn around."

Sherlock turned and he saw his boyfriend bouncing the ball on his hand slowly, then he threw it at his face. Sherlock's snowball fell to the ground and he did too. "John!"

Suddenly and unexpectedly, he was pummeled by snowballs that little girls were throwing at him. Rosamund and her friends were hiding behind the fort with all their snowballs.

Sherlock held his hands up. "I surrender to you and your army, John Watson! Let me go!"

John laughed as he took Sherlock's hands and lifted him up. He leant up and kissed his lips, then as if on cue, three snowballs flew at his feet and knocked him over again.

"Blasted!" Sherlock yelled, sitting up and wiping the snow from his face. John laughed softly and pinned him down, kneeling above him.

"Okay, okay, we won't attack you anymore."

Sherlock was already shaking from the freezing cold, holding himself. John ruffled his hair to get all the snow out, smiling.

"Y-you and those 'chill'dren a-are ruthless..." he whispered, moving closer to John and leaning against him, looking for warmth.

"Oh, now that's just 'cold' of you to say." John said, wrapping his arms around Sherlock and sitting back up, then standing.

"Y-you're not a v-very 'ice' person, J-John..."

"You 'snow' you love me." John smiled and leant up, kissing Sherlock's lips. Sherlock took the opportunity and slipped a snowball into the back of his parka. John jumped back.

"Ah!" He yelled, moving around and trying to get the snow out.

"Bye!" Sherlock said, scurrying off. He went back home and took a hot shower and made some hot cocoa to warm up, turning on the fireplace and burying himself in blankets as well.