226.Trouble

“Come here, Rosamund.” Sherlock said, holding out his hands to his stepdaughter. She smiled widely and walked up to him, holding her hands up.

“Dadlock!” She said excitedly.

“Yeah, yeah, it's me.” He smiled a little, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her up. He held her in front of himself. “I need to talk to you.”

“Why?” She asked, swinging her little feet.

“Your teacher just called me.” He said, walking over to the couch and sitting down. He sat down and put her down next to himself.

“Oh no…  is this about--”

“Yes.” Sherlock nodded softly. “John isn't here to talk to you, so I'm going to.” He sighed softly. “Rosamund, this is about Corlet.”

Rosamund looked away, frowning.

“Rosie.” Sherlock made her look his way. “Your teacher called me and told me that you punched her.”

“She was making fun of how I have two dads.” Rosamund looked down.

“That's not a reason to punch her. Violence solves nothing.”

“She's scared of me now.” Rosamund's said and shrugged. “It solves that.”

“That wasn't a problem in the first place.” Sherlock said.

Rosamund tried to move away from Sherlock as they spoke, but he kept pulling her closer. After a long talk, Sherlock let Rosamund go to her room and think about it.