263.Hearts

Make it up,
Make John laugh. 😊
What would the real explanation do to make John laugh? That's all Sherlock cares about, making him laugh, making him happy. So don't comment about how this really came into the world because it makes me think I'm so stupid for putting it in the fanfic because I just thought of it one night and I was like "that's cute, fanfic time."
Don't judge me ;-;
You'll understand soon.
-----

Sherlock hummed softly, pulling his legs up to his chest and using the pencil in his hand to draw in his notebook. He tilted his head and shifted a bit, yawning and closing his eyes for a minute.

"Whatcha drawing?" John asked, ruffling Sherlock's hair and looking at his book. He turned down to the paper and saw it was a heart. He smiled a little. A heart. How cute.

"I'm drawing a shape." Sherlock answered simply, shading in the heart.

"A special sort of shape."

"Oh, John," Sherlock looked up, staring at his friend. "hearts do not have a certain specific meaning. They started to symbolise love thousands of years ago starting from one anonymous man's journal where he wrote about Secca, a woman he was in love with, and had a heart drawing. It traveled all over the country, then to Europe where it developed and the heart, the centre and life of a human being, became the symbol of stupid emotions."

"Is that true?" John asked, never having heard any of that.

"No." Sherlock smiled, staring at John. What he just said was a lie, he just made it up. "I don't know how the heart symbol developed."

John nodded and giggled, looking away. "Oh, Sherlock, you crack me up." He said, patting Sherlock's head a few times.

Sherlock looked back at his drawing, satisfied with making John laugh.

John sat down on the arm of Sherlock's chair and watched him shade the heart. He leant over and kissed the top of Sherlock's head. It seemed like every movement in the detective's body stopped.

"John..." Sherlock mumbled quietly, looking up at John, his cheeks red with blush.

This made John worried. He stepped away and frowned. "I'm sorry." He said, frowning. "I shouldn't have--" Sherlock shut him up by taking his face in his hands and pressing their lips together. John went silent, but he smiled and returned the kiss, wrapping his arms around Sherlock's body.