215.Everly

My family went to a pet store with lots of dogs. I'm allergic to dogs so I hung around the bunnies. There were two big fat bunnies, one baby that was pure black, and an adorable multicoloured brown baby that I, my siblings, and father wanted so much! Even my dad got super attached but my mum didn't want a bunny and I'm still getting over it... We named her Trixie since she looked like a cat version of our cat, Pixie.
-----
"Aw, look at it!" John squealed, reaching out and grabbing Sherlock's scarf to pull him closer.

Sherlock rolled his eyes, looking away. They'd gone to a pet store with Rosamund, but John was enjoying the animals more than she was. Right now, they were at a cage with bunnies, one was just loving on John, letting him pet it and standing on its two back paws to sniff his wrist.

"Did Daddy fall in love with another pet?" Rosamund asked, walking up to them. Sherlock picked her up so she could see over the glass and down to the bunnies.

At home, they already had a chinchilla, bird, and cat. Of course, John keeps the caged animals in his room, but Sherlock didn't want another pet.

"It's so cute! Rosamund, do your father a favour and ask the person behind the front desk if I can pick it up."

Rosamund rolled her eyes and walked up to the front desk. John watched them, then smiled wide as Rosie started coming back. She nodded, "You can pick it up."

John moved his other hand into the cage and cupped the little rabbit in his hands, bringing it up. It looked at John with a cute expression and he melted. "Can we keep it?" He looked up at his boyfriend.

"For God's sake, John, your a middle-aged man, that's what children ask." Sherlock responded, shaking his head. "No, we cannot keep it."

"Come ooooon!" John pouted, but Sherlock kept a Stern expression.

Sherlock put his hand on John's waist and kissed his forehead. "Put it down, John." He whispered.

John nodded and put it down, sighing. A few days later it was their anniversary, and for a present, Sherlock gave him the rabbit. His face lit up when he had the animal in his hands. He named her Everly, since he was ever happy that he was able to persuade Sherlock into getting him the cute little animal.

Sherlock was ever sure John's room was going to become a jungle and he was not going to be sleeping up there.