351.Could You Hold This?

“Hey, John.” Sherlock walked over to his flatmate.

“Yeah?” The doctor asked, looking up at Sherlock. “I've got to go.”

“I know.” Sherlock frowned. John was going on another stupid date. “I just wanted to ask if you could hold something for me? Just for a moment?”

Since Sherlock was in his 'lab coat’ (A white robe Mrs Hudson had given him) and had his goggles on, John expected him to walk into the kitchen and get something for him to hold. But a moment later, John felt something light in his hand. He looked down, and low and behold, he was holding Sherlock's hand.

Sherlock smiled a little, curling his fingers in between John's. “Thank you.” Sherlock said.

“Y-you're welcome…?” John was confused. What? Sherlock was holding his hand? Oh, he was probably just experimenting.

The doorbell rang and John quickly opened it. “Hey!” He smiled, holding his arms up to hug her, but he quickly realised he was still holding Sherlock's hand. He dropped the pale hand and hugged his girlfriend.

Sherlock frowned softly, watching John.

“Hey, John. What was that?” She asked, hugging him. “Were you holding his hand?”

“No, he was holding my hand.” John kissed her cheek. “Nevermind him. Let's go.” He took her hand and smiled a little.

She glanced at Sherlock, then walked out with John, closing the door on the way.

Sherlock stared, broken hearted. He had thought John would at least understand that was to show him Sherlock liked him.

Sherlock could be naked in bed with the man and John would still be like, 'Lol I think he's straight. Probably likes Irene, right?’

Quickly, Sherlock wiped the broken hearted expression off his face, blinking a few times and rubbing his eyes. He didn't want to admit it, but he had teared up a little.

There was no way Sherlock could ever like anyone besides John. He wanted him to know that. But, he just didn't understand. Sherlock turned and walked back to the kitchen, ready to soak some fingers in boiling water to calm his feelings.