346.Lost In A Crowd

Sherlock looked around, frowning. Where was John? Sherlock was lost.

Oh, that's a funny thing to say. If the two were separated, was it Sherlock lost, or John?

Either way, they were in a large crowd, and they weren't together. Sherlock didn't enjoy being in crowds, they were loud, full of people, and hard to get through.

“John!” Sherlock yelled.

“Yeah?” A man turned to Sherlock. Sherlock looked up at him. “Who're you?” The man asked.

Must've been at least 6’3. Not John. Definitely not John.

“Who're you?” Sherlock asked. “I wasn't talking to you.”

“Oh, I heard you say my name.” The man crossed his arms.

“Oh, right.” Sherlock shuffled away. “Watson!” He tried. Still no response.

He put his hands on each side of his lips, then yelled, “Sherlock and John are totally a couple and so in love with each other!”

And, far in the distance came, “I'M NOT GAY!”

“There he is…” Sherlock ran towards the false announcement. He found John, who was being pushed around and squished between taller people. “John!” Sherlock grabbed his hand and ran out of the crowd with him.

“Careful! There's a shipper in here.” John mumbled, following.

“There's a shipper everywhere, John.” Sherlock smiled a little. Okay. Yes. He was a shipper.

So wherever they were together, even if they were alone, someone (whose name started with S and ended with K) shipped them to death.

“I'm glad I found you.” Sherlock smiled down at John, who tugged his hand away.

“We're still in public.” John mumbled.

Sherlock frowned. John was never going to love him…

“Yeah, so?” Sherlock blurted out, grabbing John's hand.

“Stop!” John tried to pull away again. Sherlock pulled him in, pressing their lips together.

John gasped and pushed Sherlock back. “Holy crap…” He stared at Sherlock, eyes wide.

Sherlock blushed. “Oh, I'm sorry.” He frowned. “Let's go home.”

He looked down, sadly walking to the road and getting in a cab. John got in silently, mesmerised.