💔 Clashing on Christmas (Momo Yaoyorozu x reader)

⚠ This contains ANGST! Contains: Self-harm, anxiety-filled thoughts, and small panic attacks! Read at your own risk! ⚠

Ever since I began at U.A., I was never a talkative person. I was extremely shy. I always stayed in the back of the classroom, trying to avoid social interactions. It was all going great until the teacher talked about a decorating project (a separate area/room for each pair). But, we had to do it in pairs.

"So, the pairs will be... Kirishima and Todoroki, Iida and Mineta, Bakugou and Midoriya-"
"DAMMIT!" Explosions came from Bakugou.
"Bakugou, sit down and shut up. Anyways, Ashido and Uraraka, Asui and Kaminari, Yaoyorozu and (L/n)..."

Wait, I'm paired up with Yaoyorozu? Shit, I'm fucked.

Yaoyorozu came marching to me.
"Hello there, (L/n)!" She said cheerfully.

Oh fuck!

"H-hi, Yaoyorozu..." I trailed off.
"Please, call me Momo or YaoMomo!"
"C-call me (Y-Y/n), i-if you like."
"Okay, (Y/n), where would you like to decorate?"
"Anywhere you want to. It doesn't matter to me."
"Why does (L/n) get to work with Momo?!" Mineta yelled from across the classroom.
"Because that's just the way I drew the slips of paper, now chill out!" Mr. Aizawa screams at Mineta.
"Let's ask Mr. Aizawa if we could decorate his classroom!" She says freely.

I get up and go to Mr. Aizawa's desk with Momo.

"Mr. Aizawa, Can we decorate your classroom for this project?"
"You're the first that asked, so, I guess. Just don't disturb my sleep."
"Got it!" She said with a salute.

-

Soon, the school day ended and we got to work.

"So, (Y/n), why do you never talk to anyone?" Momo asks, hanging up tinsel, with her back to me.
"I'm sh-shy." I kinda lied.
"You can be shy and have friends. How do you think Todoroki is? He's friends with Midoriya."
"W-well, what if people hates me for who I am?"
"Nobody will hate you. Well, except for Bakugou, he hates everyone."
"What if people hate my quirk? What if I accidently use my quirk and hurt someone? What if," I brought my hands up and ran them through my (h/c) hair, "I accidentally hurt the people I'm friends with and they hate me forever?" I bring my hands to my face to hide my tears. But I didn't only hide my tears, I activated my quirk.

Pieces of my shattered skin falls to the ground below me, making an ugly sound as the shards hit the floor. I feel the seething pain, causing my tears to become even more rough. I hear the sound of Momo coming down from the ladder.

"(Y/n)! What are you doing to yourself?" Momo pulls my hands away from my face.

She looks at my face, her expression becoming more upset the more she looks at it.

"I-I'm s-sorry! I-I'm such a b-bad person!" I say.
"(Y/n), we need to get you to Recovery Girl's office!" She exclaims, pulling me out the door by my arm.

She pulls me all the way to Recovery Girl's office and knock on her door.
"Yes, dearie?" Recovery Girl says opening the door.

And then she looks at my face.

Recovery Girl pulls us into the room and makes me lay down on the bed.

"What happened?" She asked.
"We was decorating Mr. Aizawa's classroom for a project, and we were talking. I asked a question and a moment later, they started panicking and they touched their face. I turn around, hearing the sound of glass shards breaking and I moved their hands and their face was broken." She said quickly in a panicked voice.
"Calm down, Young Yaoyorozu." Recovery Girl said in a calm voice.

Recovery Girl kisses my face, instantly making me drowsy. Before I knew what was going on, I passed out.

~

"I'm so sorry, (Y/n). I shouldn't have asked you that question. I messed it all up. I made you hurt yourself. It's all my fault!" I hear Momo say, whimpering.
"I-it's not your fault, Momo. I let my anxiety get to me. Don't b-blame yourself." I say, my voice groggy from sleep.
"It is my fault. If I wouldn't have asked you about your social interaction, then your anxiety wouldn't have got to you."
"I have a-anxiety every second of the day, Momo. It's okay. You don't need to blame yourself. It's not your fault." I say, trying to comfort her.
"It's not okay! You're hurt!" She says, her hands wrinkling the edge of her skirt.
"Momo, I'm a-alright. I'm not hurt anymore. Look, Recovery g-girl healed m-me up." I say touching my face with with my index and middle fingers.
"What if you hurt yourself again?" She says wiping her tears.
"I-I'll be fine. Now, c'mon. L-Let's go decorate." I get out of bed and we go back to Mr. Aizawa's room.

~ About a week later

"The winners are: Yaoyorozu and (L/n)!" All Might's voice boomed throughout the room.

Momo and I looked at each other and started cheering.

~

After we trained under All Might for a couple of weeks, Momo's been avoiding me like the black plague to hang out with Jiro.

Is she scared that I might hurt her? Is she scared I might hurt myself? What have I done to her?

Or is Jiro her crush?

Momo's been twirling her hair around her finger when she's with her. She's been much happier around her.

Maybe I fucked everything up. Maybe she hates me now.

I watch as she pins Jiro to the wall and leans in close. She speaks to her in a whisper-like tone so only Jiro could hear it.

Is this her confession to Jiro? Is this the end of our friendship? What have I done?