They had gone to her baba since he's the minister and had killed when he refused to cooperate. The nurse had told her that her baba tried so hard to see her one last time and when he knew he wouldn't be able to make it before she comes he told the nurse to write a letter for him. The nurse gave her the letter and Maryam had shown me and I still remember every line by heart.

Maryu,

I'm so sorry my baby. I left you all alone, baba is terribly sorry. Baba tried so hard to stay alive to see you one last time, to hug you and tell you that you'll be okay and its gonna be fine. I'm so thankful that you weren't there at the time while they killed us, otherwise you would be living in nightmares. Forgive me Maryu, baba couldn't keep the promise of eating pomegranates and watching pictures with you.

Maryu you have to become strong - people will push you, life will torture you there won't be baba or your brothers to save you. You are on your own. You have to smile, even when you are sad and make other gloomy people smile.

Can baba tell a secret ? You are my favourite. I never dreamt or thought about what my three sons will become when they grow up but baba always dreamt about you. To see your graduation, which college you'd join and if you'll really become a photographer or not. And to see the one, the Princess who is gonna take you away since you wanted to do the saving part and be the prince. I wouldn't be there to take your hand and keep in his, I'm sorry that I wouldn't be there in any of those moments.

Whenever you miss your baba, or your beautiful mama or your annoying brothers just look at all the pictures you took inside your camera. So you'll feel like we are sitting there right next to you and watching with you. Never lose the camera, its the only thing you have of us left now.

Never lose faith in Allah, never blame him or question his decisions. Whatever he plans, its for the best and he tests those he loves. Remember he loves us Maryu and he's the one you have now. So trust his plans and let me tell you Maryam, Your family died Shaheed (Martyr) and isn't it great ? since we'll all be there in Jannah. And now you have to try hard and become a striving Muslimah so that you could reach Jannah.

I'll be right there standing in front of the gates of Jannah waiting for you. I'll always wait for you and then together we'll eat pomegranates and see all the pictures and videos you took. There'll be no one to make us apart, so I'll wait for my baby - it'll be like one day and soon we'll meet again.

Stop crying Maryu, the prince never cries.

Your loving baba,

And Maryam is still here and had never lose faith in Allah. Thats how we should become. She had migrated to Yasrid by the charity organisations and had been living here for almost fourteen years.

I took a long deep breath and entered the cafe. After coming out from Maryam's house I wanted an energy booster. I ordered my usual coffee and took a seat next to the window.

I looked up when the bell jingles indicating a customer's arrival and then quickly looked down. After few minutes of calming my breath, I glanced at the person in front of the counter who was wearing the same cap and a duffel bag slung around his neck. He had gone weaker and was holding on to the counter for support. When he got his drink, I quickly looked away and pretended to be staring out through the window. I prayed that he never recognised me and I was so scared since the seat infront of me was vacant.