Kill the Demons! - part 2

Mine POV

I could tell I was interrupting something, but I had too. I'm surprised by the tone Akame was using with Kyler, it sounded like she was a whole other person.

The halls of the HQ were filled with the sounds of explosions from the bottom floor. I rushed down the stairs, Akame and Kyler close behind. The first glance I get is a giant man, fighting the boss in a heated battle.

Judging by Cyrus's report on these guys from when he was in the capital, this big buy with the beard must be Sten. His muscles bugged the crap outta me, how disgusting. Men who show too much muscle are way too over confident.

Najenda sees us. "Everyone, spread out and look for the others!" She screamed.

"Where's Doya and Chelsea?" I yell. If they're already in the fight, we need to help them. Doya could hold her own, but Chelsea wasn't really a fighter. Cyrus has been training her, but I don't know how good she is.

"I don't know! Go!" Boss yelled as she dodged a punch from Sten.

I turned and ran outside, maybe if I could scout the area, one of them could be around the perimeter of the HQ. I've felt like this before, this feeling that someone is invading my home.

Knowing them, we'll have to find a new HQ, the capital now knows where we are, and they'd send a whole army against us if they had to.

"Who is this?" I heard a female voice say. I freeze for a second, then jump out of the way, the ground underneath me exploding from a sudden impact.

Once I landed, I find my target. Mez, a Blond tied in a ponytail. She had revealing clothing, kind of like Leone. But it made me sick that seeing this witch made me remember Leone. I readied pumpkin and aimed.

Mez grinned, not even flinching, and continued running at me at full speed.

I fire my first shot, she easily dodges it and laughs, as if it's a game that she can beat without looking.

I keep firing, but every shot her grin gets wider and her laugh more wild. Her body bends at weird lengths to dodge, which gives me the creeps. Soon she not even five feet away from as she throws a large punch, and knowing her strength, that punch would kill me instantly if I took it full on.

I block it with pumpkin, the recoil of blocking sends a vibration through my arms and renders them aching. I take a few steps back, but Mez throws another punch with her other arm, and lands it on my shoulder. Damn, my shoulder bone is broke.

My left shoulder is useless, now I hold pumpkin with one hand. Mez snorts a laugh. "What now, little princess?" She said.

I grunt as I lift pumpkin and fire clumsily near her, but missing but a few feet. How could this happen?! I can't be best by this girl! Not now, things were just looking up for me too.

She runs at me again, landing another blow on my thigh, I hear I cracking noise, there goes my leg. I fall to the ground, and look up at the moon. Jeez, this blows.

This feeling... I remember it. This feeling that I'm about to die. But last time I was saved by Tatsumi... and he wasn't here. I couldn't help but have tears in my eyes as Mez grabbed me by the throat, lifting me with her inhuman strength.

Mez turned her head and smiled at another man, coming out of the bushes. The man had purple like hair and no shirt, black pants. He had a tattoo under his eye, and his eyes stared at me then at Mez.

He smiled as he approached. "So, you got one? Can you share?" He said with a sadistic grin.

Mez grunts at him. "Ibara, this is my play thing!" She said, shaking me a little.