Kill the Bloodbath! - part 1

Esdeathe POV

Kyler sat nervously in between us all, he shifted his weight, looking at the tools in front of him. Slowly, he picked one up, and looked it over.

Cyrus smiled at him. "C'mon, pick one. Don't be afraid to choose."

Before us layed several Teigu, today, Kyler was getting one. He held Pumpkin, but he set it down, Cyrus said Kyler hated guns, no wonder it didn't work for him.

I stand near Tatsumi, we both wait for his decision, after he chose, we were headed on a mission. My first mission with Tatsumi! My heart is flutter with joy! I'll be able to charm him without trouble now.

Kyler picks up a metal glove, scanning it confused. Tatsumi spoke up, explaining the Teigu.

"That's Beast Tamer, it allows the control of any danger beast, and is pretty strong." He said.

He's so well informed with every Teigu in the room. Kyler digs through the rest, and sighs. "None of these i really like." He said just as he spots something on a pedestal.

He walks up to the pedestal and Tatsumi flinched, watching intensely as Kyler picked up a decorated belt from it. He put it on, and closed his eyes. Then when opening them, he smiled, his teeth becoming sharp.

"Lionell!" He yelled, and his body changed drastically. This arms became large and muscular, while his red hair grew down to his back. Claws grew on his arms with red fur.

Tatsumi smiled sadly. "Looks like it likes you."

"Why do you look sad, Tatsumi?" I asked worried.

He laughed a bit. "I retrieved that after mine and Cyrus's fight with Nox later on... It's Leone's."

Kyler flinched. "I-I can out it back, if you want-"

"No, it suits you. Looking mighty fine there, friend." Cyrus said as he entered the room.

Kyler and him smile, but i poke in.

"Are we leaving?" i ask.

Tatsumi smiles nervously. "Y-Yeah, come on, Kyler, time to go." He said, running out the door to ready the manta.

"What are we doing again?" Asked Kyler as we walked. Cyrus was still with us, so he explained.

"There has been a serial killer about in the capital. Find and eliminate him, pretty easy." He grinned.

"Depends on the culprit." I mumble as i climbed onto the manta. Kyler sits at the back, laying down, while I sit right next to Tatsumi, where i belong :).

"Have a safe trip." Cyrus waved quickly and walked back into base, leaving us to take off as we headed to the capital.

The capital I heard had gotten worse since I have left, no wonder, me and Budou were the only people holding the city together. Stupid minister and his plots. I've grown to hate him when i was with Night Raid. Not like i really liked him in the first place.

Tatsumi stared straight ahead, seeming to be lost in thought, I slowly get closer to him, he doesn't stop me when i put my arms around his back, he has no reaction over it.

"What do you want?" He said.

I whisper into his ear. "Hug me back?"

He sighed, but kept looking ahead. "Can't, I'm driving."

"But you never hug me back..." I mumble. He squirts, trying to ignore my whining, i found that this works on getting his attention, though I'd rather be the one to comfort him. It still shocks me to a point that he was in love with that Mine girl.