Kill the Jäegers! - part 3

Cyrus POV

anger built deep inside me as I watched my friend close his eyes before the enemy. Lubbock had never really been serious about much, but he was my best friend.

and that builds enough anger in me to burn many villages, even the capital. All resolve in my stature is gone, and I start to charge, but a hand lands on my shoulder, I think it's an enemy, so I turn with my sword ready, on fire.

I freeze to see Chelsea with a worried face. "We need to be wise about this." she said calmly.

The anger still boils, "But they-"

She presses her finger to my lip, and shushes me, looking at Bors and Wave." I can trick them, get ready to attack on my signal.

She then turns into a perfect copy of Seryu, the girl who killed their last teammate, Sheele. I don't think Mine would appreciate using Seryu as a disguise, but it's worth a try.

Chelsea, or should I say Seryu, walks out of the forest.

"Hey! you got one!" She said with evil delight. at least she plays Seryu well, almost too well.

"Seryu! I thought you were with Esdeathe in the west!" Wave said quickly.

"Esdeathe said she didn't have the right feeling about the east, so she sent me back here." She said with a smile, poking at Lubbocks body. Then Chelsea flinched, staring down at Lubbocks body, she made a fake gesture of looking around, but I knew she was trying to say something to me.

Think, what would make Chelsea change plans? Then it hit me, with both happiness and despair at the thought that this could be harder than I expected.

Lubbock was only knocked out, he was still alive! I sighed in relief, but this also meant that I had to haul him out of danger. I need them to get away from Lubbock, and attack them then.

Chelsea spares to time, she makes her move, getting close to Wave, then quickly throwing a needle at him, but Wave is better than that. His senses know something's wrong and he quickly blocks the needle from hitting his neck and instead goes into his arm. His arm falls, flailing uselessly.

Poison laced in the needles, paralyzed. Nice thinking, just in case she missed, she gains a little upper hand.

Bors is about to make a move, but I jump into action, landing right in front of Bors, and tackling him deeper into the forest. And as we land on solid ground, he readies his flamethrower.

The fire bursts out of the tip of his weapon, and it hits me directly.

"Got you!" He says vigorously.

But to his despair, I walk out of the fire without a scratch except for my clothes have been burnt. "Too bad to. I'm fire proof!" I said as I pull out my sword and jump into the sky.

He dodges my plunging attack, and tries for a blow with his piece of metal. I throw a quick spark of embers at his face, blinding him, then slashed his knees, making him clutch his legs in pain.

"Gah!" He groaned.

I now stood over him, "Don't ever touch my family!" I said with a dark, evil tone. Bors flinched as I raised my sword.

I hear him whisper something.

"Goodbye, dear." his final word was silenced as my sword ripped through his skin, killing him. I don't know why, but my heart ached, not in the good way. This man had a wife, and probably a kid too, I took him from them. But life isn't fair, I told myself.

I turn away from the body, sending it aflame, I'll give him a cremation, that's what he was good at... cremation of people. I remind myself that he has killed many people, whole villages just because of orders. But it also reminds myself that I'm worse than that.

I had killed many just for many, I wasn't ordered to kill, I just did it for money, and the rush. I'm a monster. Nothing but a killer, I don't deserve any sympathy from any of my teammates. Why am I like this?

I find myself whispering a silent prayer for the dead enemy, he worked for the empire and yet he still managed to be more of a human than me.

After all...

I'm nothing but a vengeful Phoenix.

Tatsumi POV

That Damn monkey! I finally took it down, and now Mine is swallowed by another one of Kurome's toys, a giant frog. I wonder silently if she likes animals.

I run forward, slashing at Kurome, but am deflected by another toy of hers, the one with no shirt and a giant blade. We lock eyes, I knew instantly that he was dangerous, not to be reckoned with.

"Damn you!" I yell as I grab hold of his blade and ram my knee into his face. he steps back, then punches me in the side, I heard a rib crack.

"Natala, finish quickly, Doya might need help with that Lioness girl." Said Kurome. She thinks I'm weak! Damn, I'll show her!

I fake a punch in the face, but instead kick his knee, sending him on on leg, I then send a deadly hit straight into chest with my elbow. Natala was sent flying, and smacked right into a tree, or should I say through it?

"Natala! Why you!" Kurome ran at me, slicing in every direction she could. Shit, if she got a good kit on me, I would be screwed.

I take another step back, but to my surprise, I step off a cliff, I'm at the edge! I'm unbalanced, she can see that. She steps forward, forcing me off the cliff.

I thought, well this is gonna be a hard fall...

Lubbock POV

After waking up, my head was really hazy. I couldn't think straight, Cyrus and Chelsea helped me up. Cyrus gives me a small smile, Chelsea says good job, idiot.

I smile, I'm glad I have friends like this. As I was thinking this, I hear a yell. We all look towards the sound to see Leone, running down the slope, a girl on her tail.

The girl had two twin pistols, and a cowboy outfit, it was kind of sexy. Wait, don't think that right now. Chelsea also sees another one of Kurome's puppets, an old man, Carrying a whip off to another side.

Cyrus flinched after seeing the man, and stares at him in shock.

"Cyrus, dude, what's wrong?" I ask, trying to make him snap out of it.

His face becomes a look of hatred, and he leaves me and Chelsea's side. "What are you doing?!" Chelsea yelled after him.

He glanced back at us, then at the old man. "Rokgough." he says.

He knows the old man? Wait, Rokgough? I once heard that a general named Rokgough was going to join the Rebellion once, but Najenda said he was assassinated before he could. Wait... assassinated.

Kurome must have killed him, but how does Cyrus know him?

Cyrus's face contorted as he unsheathed his blade made of Dragon bones. It became aflame, lighting the scenery around him. That's when me and Chelsea noticed, Cyrus was crying.

"Rokgough, old friend." He said.

"I going to end your suffering." he whispered.

"Cy-rus..." The Puppet responded.

It knows him, what's going on here!

Cyrus's voice becomes of pure corruption, "How dare you... Kurome."

He looks up at Kurome, who's smiling down at us from atop the slope. She's even eating cookies at a time like this.

"HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO MY MASTER!!!" Cyrus screamed.

(Like it? I told myself that Lubbock is too awesome to die. Besides I have plans for Lubbock. Hope you liked my Connection with Rokgough and Cyrus, I did its of research!) - MnMs171

As Cyrus's anger boils over the edge, He is faced with the impossible task of taking down his old master. How will he face this problem, by putting his master to rest, or does Cyrus have something up his sleeve? Find out in The next chapter "Kill your Master!"