Kill the False Priest - part 5

Tatsumi POV

The whole friggin church collapsed.

the dust and rubble went everywhere, making the visibility hard to see anything. I squinted to make out a few shapes.

One of the shapes was obviously Esdeathe, tall and lean. The seconds had a bulky arm, Boss. The third person jumped at Esdeathe, which by his physique, had to be Susano. So where was Doya? did she get buried?

Akame stood on a tree, observing her work. Back in the forest, Lubbock fought off Wave, making time. I had left Mine in the hands of Chelsea, who both ran off to safety. I'm glad I was able to save her, she was pretty messed up, it would take awhile for her wounds to heal.

I ran through the dust, taking advantage of being invisible and the dust was the best choice I had on killing Borick. I finally make out Kurome's shape, she was getting out from under the rubble. Beside her was Doya, a few feet away. they don't notice each other.

I run forward, and scoop Doya up, running away with light feet before Kurome can see us. Doya can already tell it was me, so she didn't struggle.

"You alright?" I ask when we get to the tree line.

She nods, blood pouring from her forehead. She probably had a concussion, her head kept bobbing up and down as if she were trying to not pass out.

"Stay here. one of the others can find you once I'm done, okay?" I said, making sure she heard me. She just looks at me, but I could tell she heard.

I run back into the dust, I should hurry, it was starting to settle, and that would mean it would be harder to evade Esdeathe.

I see Kurome near the target. She telling him to get up and to stop being a wimp, she seems angry.

I make my lance appear, and kick Kurome by surprise. She slides away from the target, making him open.

"No!" She yells shortly just as I plunge my lance into Boricks chest. He looked shocked, then he fell, his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

Kurome charged me, trying to slash me, but she didn't have Muramasa, her sword couldn't hurt me. I deflected the blow with my gauntlet, and landed a punch in her stomach.

Kurome isn't a target, time to retreat.

"Target is killed, Boss!" I yell.

I have to say, I instantly regretted even talking. I totally forgot my role in this wasn't to talk at all... for one reason...

"Tatsumi?" Esdeathe said, looking at me when the dust finally finished settling.

Oh Shit. I thought.

I didn't speak, I didn't dare. So I acted dumb, looking behind me as if she were talking to someone else. But Esdeathe isn't that dumb, I should know that by now.

Esdeathe smiled and ran at me, I tense, getting ready to fight. But what comes next surprises me. She hugged me.

"What-?!" I said under my breath.

She snuggled me, squeezing me so tight I could barely breath.

"Tatsumi! I haven't seen you in a long time." She said, her tone was light and happy. But I knew she was just about to kill my friends.

I glance at Boss, she's ordering Susano to do something...

I hope whatever it is, it can get me out of this embarrassing moment. Esdeathe was beautiful, no doubt, but she was a crazy sadist!

"Why don't we leave since that garbage is dead, hmm? We can share a room again." She whispered sweetly in my ear. It made a shiver go down my spine. I'm not sure if that was a good shiver or a really really bad one.

Susano is behind her, and tried a punch. Esdeathe let go of me, and blocked him with ice. She then did a high kick that hit him square in the face.

"Suu!" I yell his name in concern.

Esdeathe looked at me when I said that, Shit I talked again. Now she knows there's no doubt that it's me. I need to escape, now.

But Susano got back up, his hair had turned white, and his body weirdly shaped, he looked badass! This was the trump that the boss had with him. She could only use it three times...

I look over at her with shock. She's lying on the ground, breathing heavily. She used her last one! it could kill her!

With Esdeathe letting me go for a second, I turn invisible, and run to Bosses aid, gathering her in my arms. She looks up at me.

"Just leave me. I'm gonna die anyway-" she started.

"Shut up, I'm getting you outta here! There's still a chance you'll survive!" I yelled as I jumped up on a broken pillar of the church. Esdeathe sees this and gets panicky, noticing that I'm going to leave again.

"Wait! Tatsumi! Come back to the capital with me! I'll even relieve you of your charges if you become my subordinate-" She tried to frantically persuade me in joining again.

Susano pushed Esdeathe away from me and turned back to me, his eyes already telling me what to do even before he says it.

"Run! I'll hold her off." He yelled.

It took awhile, but I nodded grimly. I'm such a coward, leaving him to fight this demon. I already knew he was going to die, and it pained me.

I jumped off the pillar and darted into the forest, Doya had been picked up by Chelsea like she did with Mine. Lubbock was running beside me, clutching his side, he gave me a worried look, then back at the church.

I couldn't help but think... if Cyrus was here, he could've fought Esdeathe head on.

Where are you, Cyrus?

(Thanks for 1.5k views! This story is gonna drag on forever, I have so much ideas. so expect more. Also, those of who played or have watched Corpse Party, I'm planning on making a story about that too, a but with different group of course.) - MnMs171

Tatsumi and Night Raid escapes, Susano sacrificing himself for the others. With a grim future ahead of them, they set up camp, and wait to heal from the wounds they've gained. But this whole time, what has Cyrus been doing? Find out in the next chapter, "Kill the Spy!"