Kill the False Priest! - part 4

Akame POV

That explosion was huge, it knocked me and Lubbock off our feet. I smacked against a tree and Lubbock flew somewhere unknown.

I slowly got up, checking my surroundings. I take a look at the church, and it seems that all the window's and part of the wall is nearly broken. cracks spread across the wall, ready to crack open like a peanut.

all it needed was a little push...

An idea pops into my mind. a very dangerous idea. But it could be the only way to surprise Esdeathe.

"What the hell was that!" I hear Lubbock yell in anger as he jumps out of a bush.

I'm glad he's okay, he always seems to get out of sticky situations easily. Even though Lubbock wasn't much of an actual fighter, he was a good assassin, though he could use some work on the edges.

I see movement out of the corner of my eye. Out of my senses, I jump back from it.

"So you saw me?" Said a man with black hair and a blue jacket.

"You Wave?" Lubbock asks.

He just gives a small nod and pulls out his sword. Lubbock stares intently at him, no doubt thinking how he'll get out of this one. Me, I just relax.

"If you attack us, we'll be forced to kill you, even though you not a target. are you aware of this?" I asked calmly.

Lubbock tensed his threads, readying for his answer. Wave got into a ready stance, and glared at me. I could see on his face that he saw the resemblance between me and Kurome.

"Grand Chariot!" He yelled, marking that he wants a fight. His Teigu wrapped around himself, revealing a replica looking armor of Incursio.

so, it is a stronger version of Incursio. I thought.

I look over at Lubbock. "Lubba, I have a plan."

He looks at me, then at the wall. He flinched at first, then muttered something beneath his breath. He knew it was the only way Najenda and her team would be able to kill the target.

"Damn. Fine, do it. I'll take this guy." Lubbock says as a spear appears in his hand, made of thread.

I nod and take off, I hear Wave behind me yell. "Wait-"

"Not so fast!" Lubbock yelled as he wrapped Thread around his arm. Wave gave him a nasty look, but Lubbock wore a grin.

"I'm your opponent." He said.

Doya POV

I have to say, the moment I saw Kurome, I froze for a second. My entire body remembered, it remembered the pain it felt when she murdered me in cold blood.

I remember it so vividly.

Now that I think about it. I had no idea what I was getting into. It was a simple job from a simple source. Assassinate a government councillor that has been killing woman in the town he lives in.

I was so Damn naive. Believing that I could take her, believing that she was just a little girl that was going to get killed if she got in my way. But that's what she thought about me.

During our fight, she smiled and said that I was talented. So she would add me to her collection, though I had no idea what that meant.

When she killed me, I begged for my life, that I'd even stop being an assassin, that I'd change and she would never see me again. But that didn't stop her from killing me. But when I died... I didn't die. It's weird, huh?