Kill the Dragon Tamer! - part 1

Cyrus POV

I'm not gonna say I wasn't surprised when Chelsea confessed. I was truly friend zoning her, but when she did confess, I noticed that I've been paying attention to her more often, and every time I looked at her I would tense up.

But Damn did I have some balls yesterday. I felt proud and stupid at the same time. But it was a nice feeling. But somehow I feel that I'm back to normal, being embarrassed about even looking at Chelsea in the eyes.

Am I over thinking things?

Oh well. Now I'm sitting in the dining hall with Lubbock, me and him are talking about some... deep topics. The others are out today, the only ones here are me, Lubbock, and Leone. The others are doing scouting for the next major mission, something about the church?

Lubbock looks up at me from the other side of the table with serious eyes. He had said this was important, so I have to listen.

He sighed. "I think... I don't love Najenda anymore..." he said.

"Huh? I thought you were head over heels for her!" I said, surprised. and wait. did he just call her Najenda? He usually called her Miss Najenda.

He smiled sadly. "Yeah. I was. But I think... I need to learn to move on, you know? She doesn't love me so I have to man up and accept that fact... before I end up alone forever." he said with a sad tone.

it pained me to see my friend like this. Now that I think about it, Lubbock was the first one of Night Raid that I actually met formally. He was a funny, perverted, and most of all immature. But now... he's grown since I've met him, and that somehow sends a feeling of gratitude for my friend.

I smile. "Don't worry. You'll find someone. Just don't try, that's what I did. Focus at the tasks at hand." I said.

He nodded. "Yeah, got it. By the way..." he said with a worried look.

"I think Doya has a thing for me." he said, looking at the ground, blush going to his face.

"Huh?! But she just met you!" I said quickly.

He sighs. "That's the problem. before you got in that duel with Akame, she flat out confessed and said she'd, 'I'll make you fall for me' or something of the sorts."

Wow, she moves fast. I knew she had a fun and confident look at herself, but this was pushing it. But now that I think about it... she might be a perfect match with Lubbock. They're practically have the same interests. But Doya is in, like, twenty years old. And Lubbock is Eighteen, so there's a two year gap.

then something dawned on me... How old is Chelsea?! I nearly jumped out of my seat when I thought about it. I'm eighteen as well and Lubbock, but how old are all the woman here?!

Mine is around Seventeen, Leone is somewhere in her twenties (I hope), Boss is in her late twenties... Everyone in Night Raid is about in their adulthood. I think...

"Well she sure is enthusiastic about it." I said, looking at my feet. Lubbocks eyes change, as if he remembered something.

"Hey, we totally forgot to ask you but... how did you 'rekindle' Doya... why didn't you do that to your Master?" He asks.

I sigh. "Rekindle is one of my trump cards, but I can only do that once every year or so, it takes a lot of energy. It's like this... picture a candle as a soul. that soul is snuffed out after dying, right? well rekindle makes that soul go back up in flames." I explained.

"And as for my master..." I said sadly. "I could tell he wanted to rest."

Me and Lubbock overlooked grimly at the ground. This whole time I've been with Night Raid, I feel like I'm not even close to done with this life. I feel if anyone dies, everything will shatter and the group might even break up, which saddens me.

I've never experienced a comrade dying, but the others have. I've always acted alone before this all, and now I have something to fight for. If I lose even one of them... I might snap for good.

Lubbock playfully hits my shoulder, pulling me back to reality. "Don't worry. It'll all work out one way or another."

I smile at my friend. He might not look it, but he cares for everyone just the same as me. and honestly, I look up to him. He's always not afraid to yell out whatever he's thinking, while I keep my mouth shut.

We hear more talking down the halls.

"Looks like their back." Lubbock said.

We walk out into the hall to see the others.They all have the normal looks, except for Chelsea, who smiles at me warmly. I feel my face Blush, Shit.

"What are you guys doing?" She asks, stopping in front of us.

Me and Lubbock look at each other, then we both grin.

"It's a secret!" we both said together.

Another voice down the hall calls for us. "Cyrus, Lubbock! in my office."

"What's up boss?" I yell back.

I can hear her voice is troubled, worried almost.

"Your going on a mission! pack your bags, your off to the south!" She said.

"With just the two of us?" Lubbock says.

"Nope you've got me!" we heard from behind us.

We both turned to see the young cowgirl looking gunslinger we both were just talking about.

Doya smiled brightly. "Thank you for tagging along on my first mission!"

(By now I hope you realise that Cyrus and Lubbock are basically the two main protagonists in this story. I hope you liked it though! I'll try to make the next part longer, I promise!) - MnMs171

Cyrus and Lubbock taking Doya on her first mission? This doesn't sound good. Will Doya's excitement be just what they need on this mission to brighten things up, or will that be her undoing? Find out in the next part!