Kill the Emotion! - part 2

Cyrus POV

My dream went a little like this...

The room I sit in is dim with light, only the fire from my hand makes it so I can see. In the room, only me and master sit. His grey hair is smoothed back today, and I'm confused to why he looks so formal.

"Today I leave to the rebellion, Cyrus." he said with a small smile, but he was sad, I could tell.

I cross my arms, "Your worried about something..." I said, I know my master is troubled, I always know when he is.

He just smiles, gets up, and ruffles my hair like he usually does when he's proud of me. There's a knock on the door, breaking the happy but sad moment of ours.

The door opens to a guard, his armor gleaming from my light in my hand. At first he is surprised at the fire, but doesn't state anything about it. "Your carriage is ready, sir." The guard said.

Master stands straight, as if readying for pain that he already knows is coming. What is he so worried about? He's joining the rebellion, I thought he'd be happy. But why isn't he taking me with him?

Rokgough turns his head back to me, looking into my eyes. He smiles so happily, I'll never forget that smile.
"I'm proud of you, Cyrus." he said, then Turned back to the guard, walking out into the light.

The door closed slowly, creaking as it went. I wanted to grab the door, to run after him and tell him to stay, even if it's just a little longer. But I knew he wasn't going to appreciate me doing that. It was always masters dream to join the rebellion, I can't ruin that for him.

But that last thing he said to me... My chest hurt, I didn't want him to go. I wanted to have more praise, to be accepted by him.

But back then I was a twelve year old who thought that no one would care if he died. I was such an idiot. I wanted praise, and to be accepted... but I should have known... he already accepted me. I didn't need him to say it, I just knew it.

And now...
I've put him to rest.

I wake from the dream slowly opening my eyes to light. I stare at the ceiling, it's white plain wide and vast, I thought of my time with Night Raid... my family.

I smile, as I paint my memories on the ceiling, my history and life spread like a poster. Rokgough never wanted me to turn into a killer, but he saw that I wouldn't take any other path.

Thinking of him, I find myself with tears in my eyes. I can't stop this hurt in my heart, I wanted to see him, and I got what I wanted. This world is really cruel. Master wanted to change this cruel world, into on of peace. That's what he'd always say, at least.

After clearing up my eyes, I get up, grabbing my crutches. I hated the Damn things, they're hard to carry around, and they end up hurting your arm muscles.

I groan as I stand, pain shoots up in my head, but I ignore it. Najenda said I'd have a really bad migraine for a couple of hours today. But my head isn't as messed up as Lubbocks, his head was basically split open, and Mine said he had a friggin concussion, which is stupid since I'm the one in the infirmary, he should be keeping me company!

I smile as I look out the window, outside is the plains, and the forests. In the distance, I see the mountains, standing tall. To the south, the hills to where our battle took place. Then to the west, the capital, standing in fake glory. This world isn't perfect.

The world will never be perfect.

I remember the quote from Master, he always said this...

If there is dark, then there must be light. If there is light, there must be dark. One cannot be without the other.