The fact that you lost the Captain title to, not even the Monicroff, is outstandingly disappointing. You didn't think I would find this fact out did you? Honestly, you aren't making anything easy on yourself by failing. It's pathetic really. I expected better from you, especially since this is your second year -

The Letter is suddenly snatched from her hands and Teagan startles as she looks up to a very angry, very red faced, Scarrow.

"Didn't your parents ever teach you it's not polite to read other peoples letters." He seethes at her, eyes narrowing angrily.

She swallows, for once having nothing to justify her actions. "I - I'm - I didn't. . . Uh -" she's not sure what to say, she won't apologize purely because he was a Scarrow, even if she was wrong to read his private things, but why did he leave it on the ground? And more importantly, who wrote that terrible letter to him and. . . Teagan feels a tad guilty for reading it.

He tuts at her in disgust and shoves the letter in his robe pocket, turning on his heels, and stomps away without allowing her to register what just happened.

Teagan rubs at her unruly mass of hair.

Scarrow. . . Seems like he was more embarrassed than angry.

Teagan swallows thickly as she realizes perhaps she and Scarrow have more in common than she'd never care to admit.

-

'

'

'

Spring Solstice first quarter Year of the Dragon

For most, Spring is a time of peace and renewed hopes. But not for us, I fear there will not be a time of renewal until all this terror is over with. And even then, many of us will not see it, we can only hope it will come for the next generation.

His majesty has sent troops to the east to help his brother against the Naturals seizing their villages. More and more mages die every day, we have managed to keep things in order here, barely. Life is tearing at the seams, and I, as the Kings top advisor and leader of our Mage circle, I am losing my control. Things are happening underneath my very nose.

Scarrow whispers of betrayal, and I fear it might be his if he isn't carful. It appears some mages in our circle do not like the way I deal with situations we face. Hardship is upon us; I do not wish to make enemies of my own kind. But they are reasonless.

I do not sleep at night for fear of what could happen should I close my eyes, I write in the light of my wand and nothing more, treason is seeping into these walls, we will be destroyed from the inside out if I do not find the traitors soon.

Another Mage was burned yesterday on the broader of our Provence. They're taunting us.

Harden disappears at odd hours in the night. The sleeping tonic I give him in secret does not help. I hear whispers of his whereabouts and they are not easing my aching heart, I must give him stronger potion.

Magnus Monicroff

'

'

'

Teagan closes her book and finds that history in it is even more gripping then when they read about it in their textbooks. This is an upfront account of real war from a real human being that lived in it. Teagan wonders, for brief moment, if perhaps they should give these accounts to historians in the magic community, it might help gather missing facts in their records.