My head rose up to see the emotion in his eyes. Unsurprisingly, they looked shocked, but the way his brows weighed heavy over his eyelashes; t'was the same way he'd mend a frown whenever he was upset about something, just like when we were kids.

Only now did I notice how close he was to me, I had him tight in my grasps so tight. This must've been the first time I've ever seen his irises in such detail, the laces of green and gold in them—-an actual woods rich in moss and yew shrubs scattered about the glass walls; walls like fine diamond. There was so much more to these beautiful eyes and it never seemed to stop.

For a moment, I wanted to say something. Perhaps about: how could he ever fall in love with a fool?

The chance broke when he took his own. Sliding his nose down my bridge, I felt my head shift back only slightly once he placed the kiss, melting me whole.

Maybe this was a dream, and I'd been left in a spring meadow eating the buds of flowers. Jackson wasn't here... he never came. The king never said he was getting married and the king, Kaneki, never breathed a word about my parent's execution.

That theory shattered to mere bits when Jackson, and quite quickly, grabbed ahold of my hips. My lids tampered shut as pleasure aroused, therefore I could only feel when his single leg speared upward beneath me like a seat. Our necks craned for more, his further than mine seeing how few fingers urged along my spine in search for the neck. Once he found it, the osculation pressurized.

I soon grew short of breath and pulled back. Gazing down at the man's parted mouth, my eyes fell docilely as I grazed the tip of his canine, following around to his front teeth then slipping out to brush his lips.

Sure, Jackson was my friend. I loved him...

but not like this.

Gradually relaxing into a slouched position, I pushed against his chest while firmly holding his muscled thigh, pushing myself off to a stand.

What took me by surprise, was the expression of complete understanding in his calm demeanor. I'd basically rejected the entire idea of us together, surely he knew that meant marriage included. Either he sensed such an outcome from the get-go, or if he hadn't—-then I'm truly lucky to have such a great friend, and amazing man in my life.

The troubling sound of screams broke through our leveled gazes, without having to look to my right I could see an orange gleam in the reflection of Jackson's eyes—-someone had set fire to our village. We leaped out the open door after each other, witnessing men, women and children scatter with panic like insects in a burning well. My forehead swelled with sweat at the mere sight of the homestead across from us, charring down into what would soon be ash. "Jack," I whipped around to catch his tunic and tug him closer, "We must save what we can... help who we can." The man's glowing eyes caught sight of a young boy rushing over with a bucket of water in his arms. Enduring its weight under blackened ankles and marks showing clean through his torn attire, the boy did not give up.

Jackson reacted faster than I did, asking him quickly where he need the liquid thrown unto. I took a step to catch up with them but didn't expect an arm and more wrapping around my body. "Don't fight," a man's voice whispered across my nape, holding me against his torso, at first, gently. Once the legs of my Rinkaku peaked by their tips, he shifted immediately and was smart to become a lot more aggressive. The man slid his right arm over my chest securing a wrap beneath my chin to the neck, I could feel him grabbing onto his elbow-pit before placing his left hand on the back of my head, and squeezing.

It's not to say that I didn't try at my Kagune once more and countless of times after. For some reason, I couldn't persuade the muscles to work, that translated into my arms becoming weaker which were pulling against the stranger's chokehold desperately, then my legs giving way. I found myself frantically searching for Jackson—-both him and the kid vanished from sight... gone.

I heard myself screaming in my head, then the man's oddly calming voice, who seemed too nice for a person trying to put me to sleep. "Your father wants to see you, don't fight." He said again, sounding reluctant in handling a young woman like this, "Will you come willingly my lady, please?"

'Lady?' My breath managed passed his suffocating grip impressively, I wheezed out, "My fat-her is dead, unhand me. Y-ou have the wrong person."

"You are mistaken lady," he disagreed, his grip loosening just a little out of what I hoped was sympathy but not loose enough. The man sighed and cinched his elbow back up into my windpipe, "Forgive me, you will understand after some brief... slumber."

As he promised, I fell to darkness again. Again and again I always meet him and his raven disguise! Even in death I'm sure I'll scream as I'm screaming now, unconscious.

1539 words