Night Time Rendezvous (Pt. 1)

(This is my first time writing a Sokeefe fanfic that others could read, so please leave comments, vote, all that jazz! In this one, if you didn't hate Cassius before, you will now, but then you'll like him more. I know it's confusing, but anyway, I am open to side ships and new ideas, but there will be no smut, I want this to be somewhat child friendly. There will be slight make out scenes, but nothing too graphic. Please don't leave any hate in the comments, if you want to hate on it, message me personally please. Thank you my lovelies!)

Warning: Angst, implied mental and verbal abuse.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these lovely characters, they are all property of the wonderful and amazing Shannon Messenger.

Sophie has always had trouble sleeping. When she was living in the human world, there were always voices invading her mind. But, now in the elvin world, she had nightmares and memories turned nightmares. But, she always had someone she could talk to about it. Keefe had been there for her through thick and thin, all of her friends had been, but Keefe had been the most.

It had all started when Sophie had had a nightmare about Keefe's mom abducting him, Washing his memories, and making him into Sophie's worst enemy. She'd hailed him and they'd talked about it. Then Sophie had noticed that he'd had bags under his own eyes, and they'd talked about the nightmares that Keefe had been having, those that were dreams, and those he was dealing with when it came to his father.

It had become a nightly thing for them, hailing each other when they needed to talk, or when they couldn't sleep. They often ended up falling asleep talking to each other at night.

Tonight was one of those nights.

Sophie had fallen asleep talking with Keefe about who knew what, but then she'd woken up in a cold sweat, a sweat that had felt too much like blood, tears streaming down her face. This nightmare had been different, she could practically feel Fintan's hands wrapped around her neck, squeezing just enough to cut off her air supply, burning away her skin, making it so she couldn't scream through the pain. She could feel Keefe's blood on her hands, soaking through her shirt and pants, see his body lying lifeless next to her. He had been trying to protect her. This was one of the times that having a photographic memory was a real pain in the neck.

This wasn't something she couldn't merely talk off, she needed someone who had the abilities to calm her down through actions and words, someone who understood what she was going through, what had happened.

Sophie picked up her Imparter, which she pretty much slept with now, whispering the name 'Keefe Sencen', waiting for him to pick up. Because he would pick up.

"Foster, are you okay? What was it this time?" Keefe asked. To anyone else, he sounded rude and hostile, looked it too, but to Sophie, he sounded like a mother hen.

"I-I nuh-need to s-see you," Sophie sobbed quietly, trying not to wake up her parents.

"I'll be there in five minutes. Calla's tree?" Keefe asked and she nodded, trying to get her breathing under control.

She slipped out of bed and threw on one of her old hoodies from when she was living in the human world, something she often did after the nightmares, then crept down the hallway, trying not to wake up her parents. Sandor didn't ask where they were going, he'd most likely heard Sophie's conversation with Keefe, he just followed her with his goblin-y stealth.

Sophie was out by Calla's Panakes tree when Keefe walked over the hill, spotting her immediately. His hair glowed eerily in the moonlight, but his presence was assuring as he wrapped his arms around her.